Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

2008 TRD Sport Audio Upgrade

Old 11-30-2007, 04:45 PM   #1
TSR_Mxer355 is on a distinguished road
TSR_Mxer355's Tacoma Gallery
2008 TRD Sport Audio Upgrade

Hey Guys,

I am picking up a 2008 TRD sport double cab very soon and I plan to put a solid system in it. Is it necessary or do you recommend to buy the truck with the upgraded sound package even though I am upgrading it? I am worried that the stock audio package will not have a spot for tweeters, etc. Also, are the JBL speakers in the updgraded package good enough to not have to replace? Thoughts?

-G
Old 11-30-2007, 05:21 PM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i'm not sure about the jbl speakers, being as how i didnt get that option, but there is a set of tweeters in the front doors...so definately room for those.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:36 AM   #3
lineberw is on a distinguished road
lineberw's Tacoma Gallery
Advice

Why pay extra if your going to upgrade the factory system. Don't pay for the JBL and just do it the way you want it to begin with. Hey lot's of guys here will tell you to run subs to a stock headunit get an amp with line level inputs or get a line converter. You can go that route but, you loose sound quality. Don't get me wrong if your not hard to please this is what I would do if I could do it all over on a moderate scale. Buy the JBL system get the JL Audio cleansweep for your truck to clean out the factory stereo and it gives you RCA outs for your subs. Then maybe add a 12" sub or two.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:48 PM   #4
bledsoe3 is on a distinguished road
bledsoe3's Tacoma Gallery
I had the JBL system and I took it all out. I tried to add amps to the original system and I wasn't satisfied. Save your money, go with the base unit and upgrade.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:50 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division
TuRDTACO is on a distinguished road

TuRDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TuRDTACO
Quote:
Originally Posted by bledsoe3 View Post
I had the JBL system and I took it all out. I tried to add amps to the original system and I wasn't satisfied. Save your money, go with the base unit and upgrade.
that's what i'd do...i've had a few sets of subs in my access-cab now but i haven't touched the factory door speakers yet, that's another project for another time down the road
Old 12-08-2007, 07:33 PM   #6
AKA: Jake the Wolf
kristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant future

kristopherl's Tacoma Gallery
I have an 08 DC and got the base stereo. Plan on doing an after market. Heard the JBL system and thought I could do better so I chose to save the money now for a better stereo later.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:49 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division
TuRDTACO is on a distinguished road

TuRDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TuRDTACO
i'm glad i didn't buy a domestic truck their forums are probably filled with idiots that can't see the smart way to do things, like buying a toyota