Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

PA15-TOY with single CD OEM head unit?

Old 06-28-2009, 03:47 PM   #1
bigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
bigmooze's Tacoma Gallery
PA15-TOY with single CD OEM head unit?

I just bought an iPhone 3GS... assuming the PA15-TOY is compatible with the iPhone (I will double check), can I still install and use it with my single CD factory head unit? I couldn't find anything that said either yay or nay.
Old 06-28-2009, 03:57 PM   #3
bigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Awesome thanks. I just read on USA SPEC's website that the PA15-TOY is

"Compatible with all iPods including iPod Nano & Video. Also compatible with and fully charges the new 3G iPhone, Nano and 2ND GEN iTouch."

Also:

"Please Note:
  • PA15 TOY replaces PA12TOYand is compatible with all Honda and Most Acura radios that have satellite radio, In-dash 6 disc changers, MP3 player, Navigation Units, and Rear seat Entertainment. Same applications as PA12TOY plus adds Text and New 3G Cable"
Old 06-29-2009, 07:19 PM   #4

1. I wish I could leave TW alone and go to sleep...

2. Has anyone found that, when using the aux. input in the PA15-TOY (for example for Satellite radio), the volume is better than the stock head unit's aux. input? I'm hoping so... I plan to run my Sirius Starmate through the PA15 for louder music.