1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sub? access cab... anyone have this?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Johnson8537, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Dec 1, 2007 at 11:46 AM
    Johnson8537

Johnson8537 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD SPORT 4x4 Double Cab Long bed
    Revtek Leveling Kit with 1 1/2 block spacer in rear. 17" MotoMetal blacks on 32" tires. Access Lorado Tonneau - Bed mat Billet Grill Tinted Windows Pioneer 700BT with PAC steering wheel inerface. Wet Okole Seat Covers Front and back.
  2. Dec 1, 2007 at 11:55 AM
    TuRDTACO

TuRDTACO Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    HAD 07 TRD OFFROAD PRERUNNER
    small dent on the hood, new foglight bulb, roughed up bedliner, been smoked in, suspicious stains on the passenger seat, boogers on the drivers seat, dirty floor mats, girl doodles on the dirty windows, loose wiring
    just get a 15", door speakers and two amps to power everything, you'll be all set buddy i swear :D who needs both halves of the back seat anyway!?!

3. Dec 1, 2007 at 11:58 AM
    Johnson8537

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Revtek Leveling Kit with 1 1/2 block spacer in rear. 17" MotoMetal blacks on 32" tires. Access Lorado Tonneau - Bed mat Billet Grill Tinted Windows Pioneer 700BT with PAC steering wheel inerface. Wet Okole Seat Covers Front and back.

I wish... with Baby on the way i think i will need all the space i can get.. I probably should have done a DC but just don't like the looks...

4. Dec 1, 2007 at 12:01 PM
    TuRDTACO

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    small dent on the hood, new foglight bulb, roughed up bedliner, been smoked in, suspicious stains on the passenger seat, boogers on the drivers seat, dirty floor mats, girl doodles on the dirty windows, loose wiring
    you'll be fine for a few years with an access cab, plenty of carseat hooks back there. but yea, just do the single 8", or a single 10" with the bigger box that somebody on here makes, it'll look great and give you the sound you want without any damage to your youngin'

5. Dec 1, 2007 at 12:10 PM
    Johnson8537

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Thanks the thought i have right now.... anyone on here make one and have plans?

6. Dec 1, 2007 at 12:15 PM
    TuRDTACO

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    i'll find the thread for ya just gimme a minute to get it

7. Dec 1, 2007 at 12:19 PM
    TuRDTACO

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
  8. Dec 1, 2007 at 12:25 PM
    Johnson8537

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Yeah i love that look... but abut $150 more than the single 8 Box.

9. Dec 1, 2007 at 7:00 PM
    PatheticJoe

PatheticJoe Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 TRD Sport - Access Cab
    I have a single 8" behind my seat and I love it (pictures are in my gallery). I think you'll be fine with the box your referencing. I looked at that box for awhile but decided against it because I was concerned the jump seats wouldn't open smooth.

10. Dec 1, 2007 at 8:01 PM
    TuRDTACO

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    just depends on what you wanna go with, i'd rather spend the extra money and have something that looks stock, but then again, i don't think you can access the storage under the back seat with the one i showed you

11. Dec 1, 2007 at 10:39 PM
    PatheticJoe

Member:
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, I stayed away from that box because it completely obstructs the seats but man it looks nice. I think next year I might finally suck it up and go with these though (http://www.xtremekreations.com/fabrication.html). I keep sayin they're the best so I guess I should have them.

12. Dec 1, 2007 at 10:41 PM
    TuRDTACO

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    those are pretty sweet, i just have a need to impress so i'll stick with my single 15" lol, i don't really use my backseat for anything but to pile junk on it so it's not a big deal to me to have a box taking up half the seat

13. Dec 1, 2007 at 10:47 PM
    PatheticJoe

Member:
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    It still blows me away you have that 15 in there, I wish I could do without my jump seats like you to run one myself.

14. Dec 2, 2007 at 6:55 AM
    tigerdongal

tigerdongal Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPORT
    Memphis PR Amp, Memphis 10" Sub, Custom Sub-box, Undcover tonneau, Pioneer DEH-P7900BT, USB Adaptor, Steering Column Adapter, Crossfire Car Audio XP2402 on the speakers. Now with dB Platinums and also custom tweeter mounts!
    I have a 10" in a box similar to the 8" you are looking at, and also in the same prediciment as you, baby due in Feb. Thought of other options but with this style box you can put it behind the drivers seat too and won't interfere, well unless you have another passenger!

15. Dec 2, 2007 at 4:38 PM
    TuRDTACO

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    i can still use one side of it, i had the sub sitting behind the drivers seat. i took it out a couple weeks ago cuz i needed the room for a road trip, too cold to put it back in lol

16. Dec 2, 2007 at 7:44 PM
    PatheticJoe

Member:
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    At least it's conviently removable, not many 15" installs are.

17. Dec 2, 2007 at 8:07 PM
    TuRDTACO

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    it's because it's just in a box that sits on the seat and part of it comes down and sits on the floor too. it's a little heavy, but all i have to do is disconnect the wiring and it comes right out

Products Discussed in

To Top