Traffic use 3 4.05%
trail use 3 4.05%
talking use 4 5.41%
other 0 0%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-04-2009, 09:30 AM   #1
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
CB radios

whats your brand and how do you mostly use it?
Old 07-04-2009, 09:32 AM   #2
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
I have heard good things about cobra, and that it is what i plan on getting when the time comes
Old 07-04-2009, 09:33 AM   #3
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yeah, im between midland and cobra right now. but i know i want a firestik antenna.
Old 07-04-2009, 10:18 AM   #4
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
I have Midland. It's cool.
Old 07-04-2009, 10:22 AM   #5
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
love my midland
Old 07-04-2009, 10:40 AM   #6
BTHOB
archerytarget will become famous soon enough

archerytarget's Tacoma Gallery
ive got a cobra 19 ultra III - works great and its cheap..i have a 2ft antenna from radioshack and a PA hooked up to it and i havent had any problems at all
Old 07-04-2009, 10:44 AM   #7
dtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Denny
dtrujillo63's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dtrujillo63
Can't go wrong with this Midland. $28 shipped. I went with a Wilson "Lil Wil" magnet antenna ($30). Works great.

http://www.amazon.com/Midland-1001Z-...5625527&sr=8-1
Old 07-04-2009, 11:42 AM   #9

Midland seems to be a good brand. I also have a K40 antenna. its base loaded and it has a magnet mount. anybody had experience with this? range issues?
Old 07-04-2009, 12:47 PM   #12
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Uniden Pro 520XL. I haven't used it too much but I will mainly use it on trails. It comes in handy though for traffic use too.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:19 PM   #14
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Love it! Trail use only, BUT recently I got the PA speaker. So now Im using that for...
1) Ordering food through the drive thru
2) Playing my stereo a little louder
3) Yelling at the pedestrians as I drive by
4) Letting people know I'm backing up... they better leave me room.

I'm totally kidding. It's fun to use though.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:27 PM   #15
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by w8n4mud View Post
Love it! Trail use only, BUT recently I got the PA speaker. So now Im using that for...
1) Ordering food through the drive thru
2) Playing my stereo a little louder
3) Yelling at the pedestrians as I drive by
4) Letting people know I'm backing up... they better leave me room.

I'm totally kidding. It's fun to use though.
i have the PA speaker too.

Old 07-04-2009, 01:40 PM   #17
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
You set up this poll incorrectly.

You are asking us 2 different questions and we can only select 1 item...
Old 07-04-2009, 01:50 PM   #18

yeah i know i just realized that.
can a mod fix this?
Old 07-04-2009, 07:25 PM   #19
edc has a spectacular aura aboutedc has a spectacular aura about

edc's Tacoma Gallery
i have cobra 18wx st11
Old 07-04-2009, 07:28 PM   #20
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Uniden 520 floats in and out of the Camry with a Lil Will antenna...My uniden pc122 or Superstar 3900hp were floating in the p/u BUT the big plan is to mount the Magnum S-3 on a 6" swivel,passenger side hump just to the left of the glove box and the 10K on the tool box ( trying to find a gull-wing box for under $500 )..Love my "Export" radios,can float to "quiet" areas to talk during storms or busy times on the regular channels....
Plus with the Tacoma install,I can justify buying a new radio for my "Mack Office".

Snoope back quiet

Do you guys run certain channels while out on the trails or just scan till you find someone??

Products Discussed in this Thread