1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Probably a stupid question

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by dixiedeerslaya, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Jul 8, 2009 at 12:22 PM
    dixiedeerslaya

dixiedeerslaya [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I know little about car audio.... Im getting a sub and amp installed in my 07 dc friday.... Im gonna stick with the factory head unit. Is there any thing special i will need to connect the amp to the factory head unit? I have the regular system, not the jbl.......

I just want to make sure i dont get the run around at the car audio install place this friday..... Or an unexpected bill!

2. Jul 8, 2009 at 12:35 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    I think you need a line converter, or something like that....Here is a bump for ya. :)

3. Jul 8, 2009 at 12:41 PM
    CAMZTRD

CAMZTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    steve
    hampton, va
    Vehicle:
    2006 DC TRD Off-Road 4x4
    billy 5100's @ 2.5 w/ 1/4 spacers, toytec aal, LR UCA's, revotec headlights,revotec taillights, lamin-x fogs, color matched grille and rear bumper, undercover, bed-extender, black nerf bars, scan gaugeII , afe drop in, 50 series flowmaster, 6000k bi-xenon hids, more to come.......
    its a RCA converter box ,, it just wires into your factory speaker wires..so you can just plug your RCA's in box and then run them to your amp.

4. Jul 8, 2009 at 12:48 PM
    dixiedeerslaya

Member:
    how much they cost?

5. Jul 8, 2009 at 1:16 PM
    sooner07

sooner07 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.
    Line output converter, or LOC is what you need. Price can range from $20 for something basic to several hunderead for more complex components that work to flatten the response curve from the stock headunit.

6. Jul 8, 2009 at 1:19 PM
    sooner07

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.
  7. Jul 8, 2009 at 1:27 PM
    dixiedeerslaya

Member:
    thanks fellas.... ill prolly go with the cheaper one for now... one more question... where does this physically go? is this something i can change out in the future without having to get back behind the HU?> can i just mount it on my amp rack behind the seat and then in the future go with a higher quality one with more controls?

8. Jul 8, 2009 at 2:09 PM
    sooner07

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    You will install it somewhere between the HU and the amp. Doesn't really matter exactly where. I had mine behind the glove compartment. The issue you encounter with moving it farther away from the HU, is that you will have to run speaker wire from the HU (or where you splice or divert from the HU's speaker wires) to where the LOC is located. It is typically easier to install it near the HU for that reason. Also, when you purchase an amp installation kit, the RCA that comes with it should be long enough to reach where ever you have the LOC.

9. Jul 8, 2009 at 4:05 PM
    GoBlueFan

GoBlueFan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Bossier City, LA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 PreRunner
    Step bars, billet grill with custom TOYOTA, MB Quart RSI 216 components, Hifonics ZXi 4410, RAAMmat deadened doors/back wall/roof covered with ensolite , 24" Magnaflow muffler, hand polished stock exhaust tip, tinted, OEM TRD Bilstiens all around with 1/4" spacers up front to level it out. Sport wheels added.
    I used the MTX reQ-5 to interface with my stock headunit and amps/speakers

Products Discussed in

To Top