1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Boy, this stock stereo really sucks

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by RoyB, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Jul 12, 2009 at 8:43 AM
    RoyB

RoyB [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chicago burbs
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD DC Sport
    Never turned it up past 35 until recently. Maybe I'm going more deaf. At any rate, there doesn't seem to be any difference once you go louder :(

What can I do? I have a couple of 10" subs laying around I could throw in there....but would need an enclosure and an amp. What about the regular speakers? Can I just upgrade them or do I need an amp for those as well? I want to keep the factory stereo as I dont a) have money for another one b) want to get it taken out of my truck by someone other than me. Suggestions? I have a limited budget to allow for car audio and would PREFER to keep it at the 200 dollar mark. I am not looking to go balls out, just more noise.

2. Jul 12, 2009 at 10:44 AM
    sooner07

sooner07 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.
    Search here for line output converter. We've played this thread topic a bunch in the last year.

Products Discussed in

To Top