1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

XM Customer Service

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Kenobe, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Jul 22, 2009 at 8:14 AM
    Kenobe

Kenobe [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Sport
    What a pain in the arse. I went to the website and signed up after recieving several letters saying my free 90 days (new truck) was about to expire. No emails saying a bill was due after I finished their registration process. Amount due on website is $0.00.

Yesterday the satellite service stops. <sigh> Ok, go back on the web site. OH, I have to select a subscription! Do that. Final screen says payment processed. Wait 1 hour, check radio, nothing. All night, same thing. This morning, same thing.

Get to work and go back on the web site. Now there's not even an option to select a subscription type. <sigh> Reluctantly call customer service and talk to someone who barely speaks English. She's not Indian, at least they haven't gone there yet. After 20 mins I finallly get service set up. Now I have to go sit in my truck for 20 mins on Channel 1 and listen to the commercials about how great XM is before I can tune to actual stations I'm interested in. Part of the radio set up process. Guess that'll be my lunch break. :annoyed:

THEN, the lady won't freakin' shuddup about a free radio I can get that only costs me $39 (WTF?!?!?). I DO NOT WANT IT. That's paying for 2 service plans FFS. 'Well just to let you know that you save over $100, Sir' <choking phone with both hands now> NO, damnit!

Rant over. I hate dealing with customer service (HAH) at any company these days. But then again those folks have the worst job in the world dealing with pricks like me who don't say yes to all their offers :frusty:

Kenobe

2. Jul 22, 2009 at 11:43 AM
    RCBS

RCBS How long you willing to tolerate this crap??

Member:
    Harden your bark, there are storms on the horizon.
    Vehicle:
    Goodbye 06, Hello 21. TRDORDCSBMT
    Tornado intake, Duralube, Fartcan.
    be glad you got an engrish speaker...last time i had to deal with them i talked to "Jimmy" who sounded very much like Apu from the Simpsons. he was able to help me out though...so not all bad. i just hate when i have to ask them to repeat something more than once so i can figure out what they are saying.

3. Jul 22, 2009 at 12:13 PM
    ClemsonTacoma

ClemsonTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Lexington, SC
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    Pioneer DEH-P5100UB single din HU and black dash kit, Alpine 12" sub custom inverted box bed liner'd, various interior trim painted black, 48 blue LED domelight, cheepo floor mats, hose clamp mod, Cobra CB and knock off firestik, Stock steelie rims, with 265/75/16 Sumitomo HTR Sport A/T's
    this is how taco bell is, i went and ordered a #7 with a soft taco NO letuce and a XL Baja blast NO ice, i get to the window they give me a small dr. peper then a large baja blast with ice and then they get the drink right, i pull around and they gave me letuce i drive around they give me a HARD taco no letuce i pull around again and they F'd it up again...i eat taco bell at least 2x a week and now there not getting any of my buisness , no offense but they need to hire people who speak english as a 1st lang or at least fluent.....END RANT sory for thread jacking

4. Jul 22, 2009 at 5:05 PM
    Kenobe

Kenobe [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Sport
    I hear ya. I experienced that alot when I was stationed in Denver with all the fresh Mexican immigrants who didn't understand what artificial sweetener meant...

5. Jul 22, 2009 at 5:28 PM
    SC4333

SC4333 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Grant
    FL
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 2016 TRD Off-Road 4x4 DCSB
    XM CS is particularly bad.

I wont go into detail about my terrible experience with them but in a nut shell, it took 2 hours of talking to somone in Jamaica before I could get my subscription canceled. How F'in hard is it to cancel a subscription!? I guess its some complicated stuff...

6. Jul 22, 2009 at 5:56 PM
    storktaylor

storktaylor Well-Known Member

Member:
    California, MD
    Vehicle:
    09 Pre-Runner TRD Off-Road
    Bak FLip G2 ScanGauge2 Black Labrador Retriever
    XM's customer service sucks right up until the point that you are ready to cancel your subscription, then I guess you get the "A" team. I had the "Family Friendly" plan, mostly because I just listened to ESPN radio and my daughter and I listened to Mike and Mike on her way to school. One day right after she got out of the car I hear an ad for "Ashley Madison", which is basically an online dating service for married people to have affairs. The ad was definately not family friendly, and I am just glad that I did not have to explain it to my daughter. I called XM when I got to work and gave them an earful. A very understanding woman cancelled my service with little pushback that day and actually refunded my money that I had left on my subscription (which was unexpected). To be honest, I really do not even miss it. I just plug in my iPod.
    The bigger issue is that XM is circling the drain. They just about missed a $175 Million balloon payment in March, they are awash in debt (lost $4.8 Billion in 3Q 2008 alone) and their subscription numbers are dwindling fast. I guess it is a luxury that a lot of people are cutting out to save money, and slumping new car sales is not helping. I am sure that their customer service folks are being pounded on to upsell at every possible opportunity. If you are dependent on it, I would advise that you seek other alternatives (i.e. iPod), because I do not know how they can survive much longer.

Products Discussed in

To Top