1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dynamat?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by So.Cal Taco, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Jul 26, 2009 at 3:45 PM
    So.Cal Taco

So.Cal Taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    So.Cal
    Vehicle:
    1996 4x4 v6
    Total Chaos Long travel Total Chaos Spindle Gussets, Nathan Air Chime K3LA's,Onboard Air system,K&N intake,Chuys 200 plus Amp Alternator,All Pro front Bumper,Lots of Dynamat,99 tacoma Gas Tank Mod ''Secret'' maybe I'll Tell
    How much dynamat will i need for proper coverage of a 96 tacoma ex-cab and for the doors do you cover the inside metal or just behind door panels?

2. Jul 26, 2009 at 4:12 PM
    sooner07

sooner07 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.
    I can't say for sure how much you will need. But I can say that it depends on if you are just doing doors and back wall or if you plan on doing the floor, firewall, and roof or any combination of those.

As for the doors, specifically, for best results, do both the exterior skin and the interior door skin.

3. Jul 26, 2009 at 4:17 PM
    ItalynStylion

ItalynStylion Sounds Gooooood

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    DFW, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4
    Cover 25% of the middle of the surface metal for the best "value" results. It can get better than that but it's the law of diminishing returns too much past that. I suggest sealing up the door entirely to give the midbass a solid volume of air behind it. That drastically increases the midbass.

I suggest you check out Don's site. He's got a ton of great info about application on there. His products are top notch too with good prices! I fully support him in his endeavor. He's always been a great guy to work with.
    http://sounddeadenershowdown.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi

4. Jul 26, 2009 at 7:39 PM
    sooner07

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.
    Oh yeah, forgot to mention. Ditch the dynamat. It is way way over priced. Raammat is a fantastic product for a great price. And, by the way, we get a discount. Check out the coupons forum.

25% of the exterior door panel is a good starting point, but I think that you are far from diminishing returns by doing the entire door panel.

5. Jul 27, 2009 at 5:41 AM
    ItalynStylion

ItalynStylion Sounds Gooooood

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    DFW, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4
    If you do it right you will need far less than you thought you would. It's all about using it in the right places. Not everywhere needs deadening. Some places it wont even make a difference.

6. Jul 27, 2009 at 6:10 AM
    sooner07

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    I do not disagree. You will not need to cover every inch of the interior of the car.

I do think that the door is a place that a higher percentage coverage, of one layer, is beneficial. The floor on the other hand is not nearly as noticable. Around the wheel wells and the center hump is much more effective than under the seats.

7. Jul 27, 2009 at 6:50 AM
    Subydude

Subydude New Member

Member:
    Dynamat is great stuff and very easy to use. If you buy the dynamat door kit it will cover two doors completely.

Tim

8. Jul 28, 2009 at 5:24 PM
    So.Cal Taco

So.Cal Taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    So.Cal
    Vehicle:
    1996 4x4 v6
    Total Chaos Long travel Total Chaos Spindle Gussets, Nathan Air Chime K3LA's,Onboard Air system,K&N intake,Chuys 200 plus Amp Alternator,All Pro front Bumper,Lots of Dynamat,99 tacoma Gas Tank Mod ''Secret'' maybe I'll Tell
    Thanks i think the 36sq foot kit should be plenty then.

Products Discussed in

To Top