1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

audio advise

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by btacoma, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Jul 29, 2009 at 9:10 AM
    btacoma

btacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Roger
    texas
    Vehicle:
    ‘22 trd offroad
    Pro grille Raptor lights Interior mods
    im planning on getting an in-dash navi headunit soon, i also want to get some speakers. later on i would want to get a sub. i need advise on what kind of speakers to get. i was looking at the alpine spr69c (6x9), but i dont know if i should get component speakers since i want to get the sub later. any advise would help thanks

2. Jul 29, 2009 at 1:23 PM
    GoBlueFan

GoBlueFan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Bossier City, LA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 PreRunner
    Step bars, billet grill with custom TOYOTA, MB Quart RSI 216 components, Hifonics ZXi 4410, RAAMmat deadened doors/back wall/roof covered with ensolite , 24" Magnaflow muffler, hand polished stock exhaust tip, tinted, OEM TRD Bilstiens all around with 1/4" spacers up front to level it out. Sport wheels added.
    Get components for up front. You can get 6x9 component sets if you want. But if you are adding a sub, just get the 6.5 components and sound deaden your doors. No sub, get the 6x9 components for better bottom end. They will both sound much better than stock stuff. Even better if you deaden the doors (you really should).

3. Jul 29, 2009 at 2:36 PM
    sooner07

sooner07 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.
    Wow, Goblue, mark this date. I agree with everything you have said here. :D :D :D j/k

I do agree with everything he has said here. 6.5" comps up front (I'd lose the rear speakers but that is just me), especially if you are planning on adding a sub. If you aren't goping to add a sub, but still want more lower end extension, I'd go with 6x9's.

Products Discussed in

To Top