1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

JVC KD-S100 receiver

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by RCBS, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Aug 1, 2009 at 8:31 AM
    RCBS

RCBS [OP] How long you willing to tolerate this crap??

Member:
    Harden your bark, there are storms on the horizon.
    Vehicle:
    Goodbye 06, Hello 21. TRDORDCSBMT
    Tornado intake, Duralube, Fartcan.
    came across this in the new Crutchfield and am considering one. i've had great experiences with JVC in the past, but wondered if anyone has seen/used this deck? list price was over $600, and it can now be had for $129. i'm not really looking for a vid. screen or navigation in a unit...just good sound and versatility.

link:http://www.crutchfield.com/S-lzdwPE9d4mN/p_105KDS100/JVC-KD-S100.html?c=3&tab=review

any thoughts or opinions on this model?

also, single DIN mounting kits...i've read some bad reviews of the Scoshe kit. any others to consider?

2. Aug 1, 2009 at 11:21 AM
    sooner07

sooner07 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.
    I'd go with the Metra Kit, it feels a bit more solid to me, and the color match is pretty close compared to the Scosche.

As for the HU, a dude in my office bought one but it hasn't been installed yet. I don't know why they have come down so drasticly in price, other than they just didn't sell very well. I haven't seen any huge issues with them, just think they were way over priced to start off.

3. Dec 1, 2009 at 6:21 AM
    Gringo

Gringo Active Member

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    '10 2wd AC SR5
    HID's, extra D-rings
    Hey RCBS, did you ever buy that HU? I'm looking at the same one, wondered why the price dropped so drastically... if you got it, whadya think?

Products Discussed in

To Top