Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

JVC KD-S100 receiver

Old 08-01-2009, 08:31 AM   #1
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
JVC KD-S100 receiver

came across this in the new Crutchfield and am considering one. i've had great experiences with JVC in the past, but wondered if anyone has seen/used this deck? list price was over $600, and it can now be had for $129. i'm not really looking for a vid. screen or navigation in a unit...just good sound and versatility.

link:http://www.crutchfield.com/S-lzdwPE9...c=3&tab=review

any thoughts or opinions on this model?

also, single DIN mounting kits...i've read some bad reviews of the Scoshe kit. any others to consider?
Old 08-01-2009, 11:21 AM   #2
1/2 man 1/2 amazing
sooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: A A Ron
sooner07's Tacoma Gallery
I'd go with the Metra Kit, it feels a bit more solid to me, and the color match is pretty close compared to the Scosche.

As for the HU, a dude in my office bought one but it hasn't been installed yet. I don't know why they have come down so drasticly in price, other than they just didn't sell very well. I haven't seen any huge issues with them, just think they were way over priced to start off.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:21 AM   #3
Gringo is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Polish spook
Gringo's Tacoma Gallery
Hey RCBS, did you ever buy that HU? I'm looking at the same one, wondered why the price dropped so drastically... if you got it, whadya think?