1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

USA Spec iPod PA12TOY Interface

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by SteelCity, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Dec 20, 2007 at 7:23 PM
    SteelCity

SteelCity [OP] Wherever I May Roam

Member:
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    06 Radiant Rd DC LB PreRunner SR5 V6
    Optima Red/Stinger Terms, DT Headers, Empire O2 sim, Bluetooth, USASpec PA12TOY, Redline Struts, Extang Tonneu, OEM Bed Mat/front Skid/Roof Rack, Grillcraft Grille, Susp TSB, Toytec 1/2" front spacers, Raammat/Ensolite, Sony GTs, Curt Hitch, Tranny cooler, Wet Okoles, AFE Pro-Dry Drop in, Muth Sig Mirrors, Temp/Comp RVM, Silverstar HLs/Fogs, Royal Purple Diff/PS Fluid, Detroit Truetrac LSD, Hellwig rear sway bar, SG II, Filter Mag, 265/75/16 Nitto TGs
    I've had this for about 2 months and I love it, but it occasionally displays "No Text" on the stereo or locks to the track # screen on the stereo. I replaced it with another unit that does the same thing. It's no huge deal as it still plays the tracks, but it's annoying at times. I know iPods can be finicky so it may have nothing to do with the USA Spec unit, but I wanted to see if any other users had this problem.

2. Dec 21, 2007 at 5:30 AM
    rhoppas

rhoppas Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab V6 TRD Sport Tow
    Earnhardt Cannons, Terra Grapplers, Viper alarm, Hunter4x4 Bull Bar, 6" Pro Comp Off-Road lights, extra set of bed D-rings, Chrome exhaust tip, Metra Ipod/MP3 adapter, Garmin GPS, CarriageWorks grill, Maglite mounted to driver seat, 9" Stubbie Antenna, WeatherTech floor liners, Saddleman Neoprene seat covers, DeeZee bed mat
    I have no first hand experience with the USA Spec device but I have heard other Spec users mention those same issues. I could be wrong but I think I remember them saying that changing the tracks back and forth a couple times might bring it back to its senses...

3. Dec 21, 2007 at 6:43 AM
    maverick491

maverick491 Towing Guru

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Access Cab, TRD off road, 6 cyl, 6 spd
    Activator III brake controller, Extang Fulltilt toneau, Factory bed mat, Extra D-rings in the bed, 2ndary air filter removed, Garmin Ique GPS, Eco-2, AFE Pro Dry-s filter, USASPEC PA12-toy, Pioneer 3-way speakers, SG II on Blendmount, Gulf States Alarm added.
    I've had the same probelm, and for a while I thought it was just a corrupted MP3 file on the Ipod, but not that long ago I noticed that it was displaying notext on a song that I had seen it display text on before.

I didn't figure it was a big deal, and didn't think any more about it, I just figured it was a glitch in the Ipod itself, as sometimes the ipod itself will display album art and sometimes it won't even though I know the art is on there.

I have an older model 30gig ipod. Got the wife an new model Ipod Nano 8 gig for Christmas, so I'll chime back in on this in the new year and let you know if it still does this with the new Ipod.

4. Dec 21, 2007 at 7:06 AM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    That's funny. I have the last generation iPod 30GB as well. My iPod does funny things like that every once in a while, but for the most part it is really good. I got my wife the 8GB iPod Touch for Christmas. :D

5. Dec 21, 2007 at 10:56 AM
    SteelCity

SteelCity [OP] Wherever I May Roam

Member:
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    06 Radiant Rd DC LB PreRunner SR5 V6
    Optima Red/Stinger Terms, DT Headers, Empire O2 sim, Bluetooth, USASpec PA12TOY, Redline Struts, Extang Tonneu, OEM Bed Mat/front Skid/Roof Rack, Grillcraft Grille, Susp TSB, Toytec 1/2" front spacers, Raammat/Ensolite, Sony GTs, Curt Hitch, Tranny cooler, Wet Okoles, AFE Pro-Dry Drop in, Muth Sig Mirrors, Temp/Comp RVM, Silverstar HLs/Fogs, Royal Purple Diff/PS Fluid, Detroit Truetrac LSD, Hellwig rear sway bar, SG II, Filter Mag, 265/75/16 Nitto TGs
    Thanks guys. That's about what I figured. Like I said; no huge deal but I wondered if others were having the same issues.

Products Discussed in

To Top