Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

USA Spec iPod PA12TOY Interface

Old 12-20-2007, 08:23 PM   #1
Wherever I May Roam
SteelCity will become famous soon enoughSteelCity will become famous soon enough

Navy: Navy Corpsman, LT, FMF (RET), U.S. Marines 4th LSB, Shock-Trauma Platoon
SteelCity's Tacoma Gallery
USA Spec iPod PA12TOY Interface

I've had this for about 2 months and I love it, but it occasionally displays "No Text" on the stereo or locks to the track # screen on the stereo. I replaced it with another unit that does the same thing. It's no huge deal as it still plays the tracks, but it's annoying at times. I know iPods can be finicky so it may have nothing to do with the USA Spec unit, but I wanted to see if any other users had this problem.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:30 AM   #2
Land of Oz
rhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rhoppas's Tacoma Gallery
I have no first hand experience with the USA Spec device but I have heard other Spec users mention those same issues. I could be wrong but I think I remember them saying that changing the tracks back and forth a couple times might bring it back to its senses...
Old 12-21-2007, 07:43 AM   #3
Towing Guru
maverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

maverick491's Tacoma Gallery
I've had the same probelm, and for a while I thought it was just a corrupted MP3 file on the Ipod, but not that long ago I noticed that it was displaying notext on a song that I had seen it display text on before.

I didn't figure it was a big deal, and didn't think any more about it, I just figured it was a glitch in the Ipod itself, as sometimes the ipod itself will display album art and sometimes it won't even though I know the art is on there.

I have an older model 30gig ipod. Got the wife an new model Ipod Nano 8 gig for Christmas, so I'll chime back in on this in the new year and let you know if it still does this with the new Ipod.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:06 AM   #4
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick491 View Post
I've had the same probelm, and for a while I thought it was just a corrupted MP3 file on the Ipod, but not that long ago I noticed that it was displaying notext on a song that I had seen it display text on before.

I didn't figure it was a big deal, and didn't think any more about it, I just figured it was a glitch in the Ipod itself, as sometimes the ipod itself will display album art and sometimes it won't even though I know the art is on there.

I have an older model 30gig ipod. Got the wife an new model Ipod Nano 8 gig for Christmas, so I'll chime back in on this in the new year and let you know if it still does this with the new Ipod.
That's funny. I have the last generation iPod 30GB as well. My iPod does funny things like that every once in a while, but for the most part it is really good. I got my wife the 8GB iPod Touch for Christmas.