Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Taco Tunes mounts

Old 12-21-2007, 04:42 PM   #1
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Taco Tunes mounts

Stupid ass taco tunes mounts do not fit my MB Quarts (now I understand why the guy I bought them from sold them). Has anyone tried to cut the mounts. I need to increase the diameter by about 1/4 inch. What did you use.

I have an air body saw, ill prob try this.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:17 PM   #2
L_Jackson is on a distinguished road

Army: Avenger Crew Member - 1st Cav 98-01
L_Jackson's Tacoma Gallery
i used a dremel to cut the cone out of the stock speakers and the plastic "bars" or whatever, the speaker bracket bars, the 6 or so plastic bars running from the magnet to the outside of the cone......
and used the outside shell of the stock speaker as a mount....
Old 12-23-2007, 05:55 PM   #3
lineberw is on a distinguished road
lineberw's Tacoma Gallery
Air tool

To get the extra room needed for your MB Quartz just use an air sander/grinder or a jig saw. It's a pain in the butt to cut because it just ends up knida melting through the material but, it works. I used both of these to make my JL XR 6.5" Components fit.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:18 PM   #4
wgm661 is on a distinguished road
wgm661's Tacoma Gallery
Are you using the 6.5 Reference MB's??? I am planing on getting a set for the front and back of my 08 access cab. And was looking at the Taco poly kit for both set... Do you think the MDF it would work better?
Old 01-17-2008, 04:25 PM   #5
Towing Guru
maverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

maverick491's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgm661 View Post
Are you using the 6.5 Reference MB's??? I am planing on getting a set for the front and back of my 08 access cab. And was looking at the Taco poly kit for both set... Do you think the MDF it would work better?
I suspect it would be roughly the same amount of work to cut either material, so I'd go with the Poly kit just for the durability. (actually I did) as for cutting it, I'd say bench mounted scroll saw if you have one, if not then a dremmel or air powered die grinder would be the way to go, I suspect that the radius would be too tight for a standard bladed jigsaw to make it a pretty job.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:27 PM   #6
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick491 View Post
I suspect that the radius would be too tight for a standard bladed jigsaw to make it a pretty job.
thats what i was thinking too. I havent gotten around to installing anything yet. But im still not sure what im gonna use to open up those mounts.