Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

OEM head unit amp connections

Old 12-22-2007, 04:00 PM   #1
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
OEM head unit amp connections

Im installing an infinity 475a in my truck. Do i need any special connectors to interface the amp with the OEM head unit? Someone I talked to mentioned something like a "high/low" connector. I bought an amp wiring kit from Crutchfield, but im not sure if i have everything i need.

Also, if anyone can point me to a 2005 + tacoma amp install video, that would be great.

Thanks,

Ted
Old 12-26-2007, 07:43 AM   #2
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
awesome, thanks
Old 01-01-2008, 09:11 PM   #3
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
So what was the answer? I'm interested in this too. I just put in a new set of speakers and would like to install an amp.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:55 PM   #4

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
With my research i have come to the conclusion that I will need a Line converter The OEM head unit does not have pre-amp outputs, so I will have to connect the existing output wires to the line converter which has RCA jacks on the other side. From there I will connect 2 double RCA connectors to the RCA input jacks on the amp.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:39 PM   #5
PatheticJoe will become famous soon enough

PatheticJoe's Tacoma Gallery
Some amps come with speaker level inputs so you don't have to buy the extra line converter.