1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

iPod/Sirius Hard Wired

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by doigotta007, Dec 24, 2007.

1. Dec 24, 2007 at 12:48 PM
    doigotta007

doigotta007 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma PreRunner 6 Disk Steering Wheel Controls
    I am wanting to hard wire my iPod and Sirius into my 6 Disk Stock CD Player. Does anyone have any advice on what I should use, or has anyone done anything similar? I have the steering wheel controls, so I do not know if that will make any difference.

2. Dec 24, 2007 at 2:00 PM
    rhoppas

rhoppas Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab V6 TRD Sport Tow
    Earnhardt Cannons, Terra Grapplers, Viper alarm, Hunter4x4 Bull Bar, 6" Pro Comp Off-Road lights, extra set of bed D-rings, Chrome exhaust tip, Metra Ipod/MP3 adapter, Garmin GPS, CarriageWorks grill, Maglite mounted to driver seat, 9" Stubbie Antenna, WeatherTech floor liners, Saddleman Neoprene seat covers, DeeZee bed mat
    I am not very familiar with the Sirius radios but you can probably use either the Metra or USA-Spec adapter. The USA-Spec is quite a bit more expensive than the Metra but it gives you many more features when used with an Ipod (like controlling the Ipod from the Taco radio). You can find numerous threads about each of these devices in the Audio forum. Just do a little searching. I have the Metra and several other members have the USA-Spec so we can answer any specific questions you may still have after checking out the existing threads.

BTW, welcome to TW! Merry Christmas!

Products Discussed in

To Top