Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

iPod/Sirius Hard Wired

Old 12-24-2007, 01:48 PM   #1
doigotta007 is on a distinguished road
doigotta007's Tacoma Gallery
iPod/Sirius Hard Wired

I am wanting to hard wire my iPod and Sirius into my 6 Disk Stock CD Player. Does anyone have any advice on what I should use, or has anyone done anything similar? I have the steering wheel controls, so I do not know if that will make any difference.
Old 12-24-2007, 03:00 PM   #2
Land of Oz
rhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rhoppas's Tacoma Gallery
I am not very familiar with the Sirius radios but you can probably use either the Metra or USA-Spec adapter. The USA-Spec is quite a bit more expensive than the Metra but it gives you many more features when used with an Ipod (like controlling the Ipod from the Taco radio). You can find numerous threads about each of these devices in the Audio forum. Just do a little searching. I have the Metra and several other members have the USA-Spec so we can answer any specific questions you may still have after checking out the existing threads.

BTW, welcome to TW! Merry Christmas!