Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Removing drivers side seat and SRS

Old 12-26-2007, 08:23 AM   #1
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation Removing drivers side seat and SRS

Today im planning on removing my drivers side seat temporarily to install an amp. Ive been told that this could activate the SRS. Ive seen pics here where people have removed their seats. How did you sidestep the Safety Restraint System?

Thanks,

Ted
Old 12-26-2007, 09:23 AM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I'd be curious myself.... I'll be installing heated seats here within the next couple weeks and will need to remove the seat completely. I just haven't looked in the service manuals yet to look at what's involved. There are online service manuals you can download.....
Get them here:
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=186199
Old 12-31-2007, 09:44 AM   #3
PatheticJoe will become famous soon enough

PatheticJoe's Tacoma Gallery
Disconnect the negative battery terminal before working on the truck and you won't have a problem.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:05 PM   #4
socko3161 is on a distinguished road

socko3161's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to socko3161
There should be a little yellow or orange clip right under the dash that is the power to the SRS... In the fire deptartment we splice into them and set the air bags off all the time, I would think if you would temporaily cut the power to the actual bag that it shouldn't go off but disconnecting your Neg. Terminal would be your best bet... even though it is a bitch to reprogram your radio and all
Old 12-31-2007, 01:38 PM   #5
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
when i put my hideaway brain for my head unit under my passenger side seat, all i did was remove the bolts and leaned it to the rear of the truck...but then again i have the DC.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:34 AM   #6
colttsi is on a distinguished road
colttsi's Tacoma Gallery
There is something you should know before playing with airbags. There are condensers that need to be drained of their voltage before you play with those so the best thing to do is disconnect both negative and positive battery terminals and put them together so that you unload these condensers, then you can start to remove stuff.
When we used to play with airbags, we always had a sort of a grounding device that prevented us from discharging static electricity towards the airbag.
You really have to be careful.