1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear speakers in double cab.

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by allrsdup, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Aug 16, 2009 at 6:55 PM
    allrsdup

allrsdup [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sahuarita AZ.
    Vehicle:
    2018 dcsb trd offroad 4x4 Inferno
    ok all u audio junkies. i have all new speakers and a deck in my truck for the past year. however the rear still gets no highs and people in the back always ask me to turn it up when its already loud in the front. did i miss something i was supose to bypass or remove when i installed the new stuff ?

2. Aug 16, 2009 at 7:31 PM
    sooner07

sooner07 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.
    Are the people in the back seat hard of hearing, or at least more so than yourself?

You may have a fader setting biased to the front, in lieu of even. That would cause the rear to be attenuated compared to the front.

Are the speakers all the same? If the ones in the rear are less efficient, then at the same power level (volume knob setting) they will be attenuated as compared to the front.

The positioning of the speakers in the rear may not be as optimal as those in the front, as far as getting unobstructed sound to the ears as the front. Might be an issue of positioning causing some cancellation issues in the back.

Take your pick. :D

3. Aug 16, 2009 at 9:34 PM
    ItalynStylion

ItalynStylion Sounds Gooooood

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    DFW, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4
    All of these are things that are factors. This was the exact thought process that I went through while reading the first post. When you have people in the back just fade the sound to the rear a little and turn it up. No need to spend more money if it makes you happy already.

4. Aug 17, 2009 at 5:36 AM
    allrsdup

allrsdup [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sahuarita AZ.
    Vehicle:
    2018 dcsb trd offroad 4x4 Inferno
    no lol, people are not hard of hearing lol. the back gets no highs idk y.

5. Aug 17, 2009 at 9:53 AM
    sooner07

sooner07 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.
    Are you using different speakers in the rear versus the front? Anything different about them can cause a difference in sound.

6. Aug 18, 2009 at 6:26 AM
    Fmsvandal

Fmsvandal Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Ormond Beach, FL
    Vehicle:
    09 DC/LB TRD Sport
    Toytec Ultimate 3" Lift, Light Racing UCA's, N-Fab Steps, Black Headlight Mod, Satoshi Thin Lip Grille, Painted Hood Scoop, Debadged, Bakflip G2 Cover, Pop/Lock, Alpine HU, Kicker Door Speakers, RE Audio Subs, Arc Audio Amps
    ...Just throw a set of component speakers back there so you can have some tweeters added to the rear and than you should have no more complaints......this assuming you dont mind spending a little extra money

Products Discussed in

To Top