Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

CHeapest Place To Buy Speakers

Old 08-16-2009, 10:20 PM   #1
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
CHeapest Place To Buy Speakers

My wife's '02 Corrolla has blown out speakers and they need to be replaced. I don't need Bose quality, factory quality will be fine, I'd like to avoid factory pricing though. Is there a place you guys get your speakers for cheap? Any particular brands I should keep in mind?
Old 08-17-2009, 05:09 AM   #2
ToyoDen is on a distinguished road

Navy: Aviation Electrician's Mate, many moons ago
ToyoDen's Tacoma Gallery
There are a few web sites that will tell exactly which size speakers will fit in your factory cutouts without having to cut any new openings. Here is one if my link copy works:
http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/a...r%2fMyCar.aspx
Once you pick out the speakers do an internet search to get the best price. I've bought equipment from Crutchfield before, but you can usually find the items cheaper on another site. I have used and had no problems with several brands like Pioneer, Boston Acoustics, Kenwood, Polk Audio, to name a few. The only brand that I've had firsthand bad experience with is Bose. Think they are over priced and the factory Bose system I had in a previous car sucked - to put it nicely! Good luck.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:23 AM   #3
I am the Sofa King
harshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shed

harshest's Tacoma Gallery
I have bought from http://www.sonicelectronix.com/ in the past and had good luck with good pricing. Also bought from crutchfield but they seem more expensive.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:45 AM   #4
otter is on a distinguished road

Name: Rob
otter's Tacoma Gallery
Craigslist. Audio crap isn't hard to come by there. It's usually dirt cheap, probably stolen, but cheap.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:05 AM   #5
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by otter View Post
Craigslist. Audio crap isn't hard to come by there. It's usually dirt cheap, probably stolen, but cheap.
lol. will do. Im gonna check out the other sites too, see what I can get. thanks.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:20 AM   #6
Swollen Member
8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

8th sin's Tacoma Gallery
get anything BUT bose
Old 08-17-2009, 12:52 PM   #7
"Let's Ride!"
Padilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant future

Name: Daniel
Padilla1880's Tacoma Gallery
Check out your weekly PennySaver. There are always ads from local shops. They usually have pretty good prices on complete systems, as wells as individual components.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:33 PM   #8
sweater914 will become famous soon enough
sweater914's Tacoma Gallery
Crutchfield is nice because not only do they provide the speakers but general instructions on how to remove the door panels/trim, and speaker wire harness adapters for factory speaker wires, as part of the purchase.

The other posters are correct, you can purchase speakers at sonic electronix, woofers etc, and onlinecarstero cheaper, but if it's within a couple of dollars I usually buy from crutchfield. Great customer service.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:47 PM   #9
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
definitely go with crutchfield.com.............as they are always running specials, and their prices arent really too bad to begin with,plus their customer service is awesome.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:06 PM   #10
Best Hack I Know
KAPendley is on a distinguished road

Army: Sergeant, 63B...Honorable Discharge
Name: Andy
KAPendley's Tacoma Gallery
Bose is the absolute best mass marketing campaign EVER!! They have everyone convinced its the GREATEST. lol.

Its actually a 2 dollar speaker (on the high end) in an enclosure that has had hundreds of thousands of dollars spent in research. No highs, no lows.............................must be Bose.

If you want something QUICK and CHEAP, you can get OEM stuff from Autozone and Advanced. They sell them in singles though, not in pairs. You can also get decent entry level speakers at Walmart cheap too. Well, its all entry level there.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:45 PM   #11
caliKxracer is a jewel in the roughcaliKxracer is a jewel in the roughcaliKxracer is a jewel in the roughcaliKxracer is a jewel in the rough

Name: kyle
caliKxracer's Tacoma Gallery
polk db series is an awsome mid range speaker setup, pretty much every where has the buy one pair get the other half off so four, 6.5" speakers for 149.99 is a great price

you can get em anywhere, crutchfield, ebay,fryes