1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sub Box for a Baby Seat!! Gen 2 Access Cab

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Johnson8537, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Dec 31, 2007 at 2:06 PM
    Johnson8537

Johnson8537 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD SPORT 4x4 Double Cab Long bed
    Revtek Leveling Kit with 1 1/2 block spacer in rear. 17" MotoMetal blacks on 32" tires. Access Lorado Tonneau - Bed mat Billet Grill Tinted Windows Pioneer 700BT with PAC steering wheel inerface. Wet Okole Seat Covers Front and back.
    has anyone made a box that sets on the floor the same heigth as the seat? That way a baby seat can be set on the box and seat (and not have to fold over the seat) and still have a Sub? After the car seat is not longer needed then i can do a subxclosure from Justin!

For now i think this might be my ticket the more i think about it. Then I can have my Sub, room for a third person, and the baby seat!!

anyone have any ideas about this or have pictures of one done??

thanks
    Chad
    [​IMG]
    Pic for Clicks...

2. Dec 31, 2007 at 3:26 PM
    PatheticJoe

PatheticJoe Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 TRD Sport - Access Cab
    I'm not sure I understand exactly what your after but check out the pics in my photo section, they may be close to what your looking for.

3. Dec 31, 2007 at 3:53 PM
    Johnson8537

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Revtek Leveling Kit with 1 1/2 block spacer in rear. 17" MotoMetal blacks on 32" tires. Access Lorado Tonneau - Bed mat Billet Grill Tinted Windows Pioneer 700BT with PAC steering wheel inerface. Wet Okole Seat Covers Front and back.

Yeah similar to your i guess...

I would want a down firing sub enclosure that fits behind one of the seats to hold a 10" sub. thats the similar part...

Then the additions i would make.
    The Box would be the same heigth as the rear jump seat not folded and that way a baby seat could be placed on the jumpseat and SubBox.

The Pros of having a box like this:

I would then have My Sub... Room for a 3rd person if ever needed... and the baby seat.

I was just curious is anyone had any sugestions or seens any Negatives before i build it.

4. Dec 31, 2007 at 4:36 PM
    PatheticJoe

Member:
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    I see now, if I recall my measurements you may need a unique sub because the height to the jump seat isn't much more than the mounting depth of a lot of 10" subs. That said, I think it is doable. In fact, all you have to do is cut the top off my box dimensions and make it longer and you should be there if the sub mounting depth is small.

5. Jan 1, 2008 at 1:28 AM
    Johnson8537

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    I know it is doable just didn't want to reinvent the wheel if someone had already done all the measurements...

I will maybe do it in the next few weeks... anyone know where to get OEM matching carpet for the box?

6. Jan 1, 2008 at 9:44 AM
    PatheticJoe

Member:
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    Got my carpet at Wal-Mart over in the automotive section. It's a very very close match and really cheap.

7. Jan 1, 2008 at 2:22 PM
    Johnson8537

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    good to know...

Products Discussed in

To Top