1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Understanding amps?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Jpf8653, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Aug 19, 2009 at 8:52 PM
    Jpf8653

Jpf8653 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Baton Rouge,LA
    Revtek 3" lift, Tinted Windows Wheels n' Tires Door Sill Protectors Rockford fosgate P3 shallow w/ alpine mono 500 amp in a MR MARV PORTED box Weathertech floor liner Rear TSB Pioneer 3200BT Double Din touch screen
    Your great man! Haha alright the stumper now. This is what I'm going
    to do. Buying a P3 shallow 12 from my buddy. Need
    to buy an amp. Should I go for an amp that I could later add another sub to and get those 600 watts?
    Or get one that gives me what I need now and later get a new one?

The stumper. Both speakers will be dual 2 ohms. Which amp size and kind can wire to these?

Your so getting some rep on ur name tomorrow.

2. Aug 19, 2009 at 8:56 PM
    Jpf8653

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Baton Rouge,LA
    Revtek 3" lift, Tinted Windows Wheels n' Tires Door Sill Protectors Rockford fosgate P3 shallow w/ alpine mono 500 amp in a MR MARV PORTED box Weathertech floor liner Rear TSB Pioneer 3200BT Double Din touch screen
    Kind as in mono, 2 channel,ect..

3. Aug 20, 2009 at 8:13 AM
    KAPendley

KAPendley Best Hack I Know

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Hickory, NC
    Vehicle:
    96 2WD V6 Extended Cab
    Shaved, Lowered,Airbrushed (some)
    That would be pretty hard to set up where you could add the other sub later. I would probably get dual 4 subs bro. With something like that you could run a 2 channel amp at 2 ohm stereo. ie: The Arc Audio 300.2 does 350 per channel at 2 ohms stereo. You could use one sub on that........and when you get the other dual 4, using the same amp, you get 700 watts bridged at 4 ohm. With THAT configuration, you could wait for the other sub.

If thats not an option, I would get BOTH subs now, and use something that is going to be 2 ohm stable mono, like the Arc 500.1 (cus its really 600 watts. The one I had discussed previously.)

Its a bit harder to set up the way your going bro. Hard to offer good advise that wouldnt require you to either change the subs, or get a new more powerful amp later. Keep in mind that even if your underpowering 2 subs, it more than likely will be louder than 1 of the same subs with more power. More cone area=louder.

4. Aug 20, 2009 at 8:38 AM
    KAPendley

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Hickory, NC
    Vehicle:
    96 2WD V6 Extended Cab
    The Arc 500.1 does over 400 at 4 ohm. You could wire it one sub up for that. Then when you buy the other one, you get just a hair over 300 per sub at 2 ohm. I have used that amp in several applications. Its a bad ass lil amp, and I dont think you would be dissappointed. I still think you would need to be careful and not clip the amp, or those subs will not last long. lol. Good luck dude. Hope you get it all taken care of soon.

5. Aug 20, 2009 at 9:37 AM
    Jpf8653

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Baton Rouge,LA
    Man I really thank you for all the help. Ima figure out the best way to go. And not sPend all kinds of money. If I wasn't buying this sub from my buddy to start with all, this mess would never happen. Haha thanks again.

Just curious where can I find the arc audio line?

6. Aug 20, 2009 at 9:53 AM
    KAPendley

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Hickory, NC
    Vehicle:
    96 2WD V6 Extended Cab
    www.arcaudio.com

Look in the dealer locator, or buy direct. Sometimes you can find it used on ebay, but I dont suggest that. I will admit that it is not the cheapest stuff, but it is much cheaper than JL, and the quality is on par with any high end stuff out there IMO. Im not trying to be a spammer for Arc, ID, and Second Skin, as it seems in my post. But those were the only lines that I carried at my store that NEVER failed to impress, and they ALWAYS took care of me and my customers. :D

Im not trying to pressure you into buying any specific line though. You have to get what fits your budget. It is just easier for me to use the equipment that I am familiar with as a reference. Know what I mean?

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top