Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

reg cab rear speakers

Old 08-21-2009, 10:30 AM   #1
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
danteisme's Tacoma Gallery
reg cab rear speakers

i came across this truck while browsing cardomain. whats everyone think of this setup? without taking my side plastic panels out, are they strong enough to hold up a speaker or do you think it was reinforced behind it. i i'm thinking of putting in a 6.5 speaker in this location. and since its a free air speaker, i'm not worried about making some enclosure for it. also this way it won't be muffled as much as the diy in this forum, the speakers face towards each other rather than into the back of the seats.

so whats you're guys' opinions of this setup?

Old 08-21-2009, 10:37 AM   #2
EnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EnolaGaia's Tacoma Gallery
The speakers are still going to be substantially muffled in that tight location behind the seats.

I don't see how it's going to be worth it ...
Old 08-21-2009, 10:45 AM   #3
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
danteisme's Tacoma Gallery
only other idea i had so they wouldnt be muffled was to get a couple 6x9 boxes facing up, and place them on that lip that the jack and stuff rest on.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:27 AM   #4
EnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EnolaGaia's Tacoma Gallery
You'll get a lot more noticeable improvement and better sound imaging by upgrading the speakers up front. If you still think you absolutely need more speakers you'd get more benefit out of adding them in the kick panels.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:35 AM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
These are what I used in my reg cab.

I separated the front of them from the back. Attached the backs of the speakers to the back of the cab with 2 self tapping screws, then glued the fronts of the speakers back on. They souned pretty good, and did not hinder the opperation or range of movement of the front seats.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:41 AM   #6
TIM GAINOUS is on a distinguished road

TIM GAINOUS's Tacoma Gallery
HERES MINE
Old 08-21-2009, 11:46 AM   #7
SYC TACO
VixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shedVixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shedVixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shedVixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shedVixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shedVixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shedVixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shedVixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shedVixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shedVixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shedVixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Victor
VixTacom's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to VixTacom
eh... its an ok set up. i got the access cab nd therefore i culd sit ppl in the back seats near the speakers. in a reg cab i just don't see the pt if ppl aren't gonna be sittin bak there
Old 08-21-2009, 03:11 PM   #8
TIM GAINOUS is on a distinguished road

TIM GAINOUS's Tacoma Gallery
twice the sound. second gen std cabs are faded all the way to the front speakers. put the FADE CONROL in the center and you have 4 speakers instead of two, make a huge difference.