LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

CB Radio (Cobra 29) Mod & Mount in Center Console

Old 12-19-2009, 01:45 PM   #22
paulm09tacoma is a splendid one to beholdpaulm09tacoma is a splendid one to beholdpaulm09tacoma is a splendid one to beholdpaulm09tacoma is a splendid one to beholdpaulm09tacoma is a splendid one to beholdpaulm09tacoma is a splendid one to behold
Name: paul
paulm09tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
that is a sweet setup. job well done. you get the old " atta boy" from me.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:05 PM   #23
NorthXNorthwest is a splendid one to beholdNorthXNorthwest is a splendid one to beholdNorthXNorthwest is a splendid one to beholdNorthXNorthwest is a splendid one to beholdNorthXNorthwest is a splendid one to beholdNorthXNorthwest is a splendid one to beholdNorthXNorthwest is a splendid one to behold
Army: Tanker 3/7Inf, 3ID---25A 1-82 CAV, Bend OR
NorthXNorthwest's Tacoma Gallery
Very awesome Mod, great pictures and very clean looking install! WOW!
Old 02-04-2010, 01:00 PM   #24
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Holy shit man...thats amazing!!!!
Old 02-06-2010, 10:27 AM   #25
Tehua is on a distinguished road
Tehua's Tacoma Gallery
That was a great Job, congratulations.

73 de

XE1GTD
Old 02-28-2010, 11:09 AM   #26
LN13 is on a distinguished road
LN13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehua View Post
That was a great Job, congratulations.

73 de

XE1GTD
Yes, very nice job and idea. I never mounted mine because of the same reason as you, but I might just give this a shot. Thanks.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:38 PM   #27
4th MAW
ETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MASS 6 El Toro
ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
That is pretty damn nice.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:35 PM   #28
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
nice clean set up!! thats sick!!
Old 07-08-2010, 05:25 PM   #30
High Speed, Low Drag
solidcopy is a splendid one to beholdsolidcopy is a splendid one to beholdsolidcopy is a splendid one to beholdsolidcopy is a splendid one to beholdsolidcopy is a splendid one to beholdsolidcopy is a splendid one to beholdsolidcopy is a splendid one to behold
solidcopy's Tacoma Gallery
Pro as F*#K. LOVE IT. Ambitious and clean. I would kill to have a setup like that.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:44 PM   #31
Experienced Noob
MHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: 911 PSAP/1st Civ Div
Name: Nate
MHS2846bg8's Tacoma Gallery
daamn nice work! I have that model cb also and just gave up. lol. too much soldering for me!! Ordering a Cobra 18WXSTII soon.
Old 12-17-2011, 10:35 AM   #32
Garycowboy is on a distinguished road
Navy: Gunners Mate/Range Master
Name: Gary
Garycowboy's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Job, But I do have a question......

How about the noise from separating the head unit from the body? Do you get a hum? I showed my next door neighbor your mod and he did it to his 25 ltd and it works, but has a humming noise. I want to do it to mine, but I do not like the humming in his radio.
Old 12-17-2011, 02:52 PM   #33
Busting hymens since 2014
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garycowboy View Post
How about the noise from separating the head unit from the body? Do you get a hum? I showed my next door neighbor your mod and he did it to his 25 ltd and it works, but has a humming noise. I want to do it to mine, but I do not like the humming in his radio.

I do not have any humming on my radio since the mod. I have had issues with people unable to hear me clearly but that was resolved by tuning my antenna and adjusting the settings on the CB. All that I believe is unrelated to the mod.
Old 12-17-2011, 07:52 PM   #34
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by db View Post
I do not have any humming on my radio since the mod. I have had issues with people unable to hear me clearly but that was resolved by tuning my antenna and adjusting the settings on the CB. All that I believe is unrelated to the mod.
fuggen awesome man
Old 12-19-2011, 06:04 PM   #35
hawker25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawker25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawker25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawker25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawker25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawker25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawker25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawker25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawker25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawker25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawker25 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hawker25's Tacoma Gallery
absolutely amazing. Any other tips about things to look for or avoid? This is definitely gonna be my next mod. I fount an old cobra for 20 bucks on cl so i figure if i screw it up im not out alot of cash.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:59 PM   #36
congicus is on a distinguished road

Name: mike
congicus's Tacoma Gallery
WOW man that is some great work. now I know what to do for mine never thought to take it to this level
Old 01-17-2012, 10:08 AM   #40
N7MCS
Chipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31R, HHB, 2/43 ADA Battalian, 108th ADA Brigade, XVIII Airborne Corps
Name: Chip
Chipskip's Tacoma Gallery
+1 for an awesome mod!!!

Got me thinking about what I will do with mine.