LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

CB Radio (Cobra 29) Mod & Mount in Center Console

Old 01-17-2012, 04:30 PM   #41
Never Forget! 343
Bengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
Name: Bradley
Bengland25's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 757southpaw View Post
BRAVO
Thanks man, it was a nightmare and im ecstatic that it worked out! put a shit ton of time into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipskip View Post
+1 for an awesome mod!!!

Got me thinking about what I will do with mine.
if you do this good luck, and be patient man!

Before:

During:

After:

Thanks OP for the idea!
Old 01-20-2012, 04:14 PM   #42
Busting hymens since 2014
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengland25 View Post
Thanks man, it was a nightmare and im ecstatic that it worked out! put a shit ton of time into it.

if you do this good luck, and be patient man!

Before:

During:

After:

Thanks OP for the idea!
You're welcome.

Great job. Post some pictures when it's mounted and complete.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:14 PM   #44
Odie
trdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery

Thanks for the inspiration OP!!! Great right up Now to get mounted
Old 03-12-2012, 05:18 PM   #46
Odie
trdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
looking good man! where you mounting?
Thanks!! The plan is for it to go infront of the shifter(like yours) with a custom metal faceplate
Old 03-12-2012, 11:38 PM   #47
Never Forget! 343
Bengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdNick View Post
Thanks!! The plan is for it to go infront of the shifter(like yours) with a custom metal faceplate
Nice, same spot as mine then I'm assuming? If it is, I love the location! Stays out of the way but it is still accessible when needed! Post some pics up when you finish the install!
Old 03-13-2012, 06:27 PM   #48
Odie

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nice, same spot as mine then I'm assuming? If it is, I love the location! Stays out of the way but it is still accessible when needed! Post some pics up when you finish the install!
I plan on it
Old 03-17-2012, 03:44 PM   #50
Odie

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery

Got it all installed today
Old 05-03-2012, 09:06 PM   #51
senn4586 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
senn4586's Tacoma Gallery
I just had to subbed to this since I have been having an issue with where to mount my cb and i think this is probably the best way. Thanks for the idea.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:03 PM   #52
Just think outside the Yota
CayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CayucosTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks man! so stoked i found your thread for the initial ideas!!!!

Just finished about an hour ago and now im drinking some beer and enjoying my handy work.

Nice job! this is what i want to do. Just dont know how you ran the wires to the faceplate through the console
Old 06-10-2012, 10:15 PM   #53
Never Forget! 343

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CayucosTacoma View Post
Nice job! this is what i want to do. Just dont know how you ran the wires to the faceplate through the console
Check out these pictures and see if they help out. I cut the carpet on the floor board and ran them through the whole center console. PM me if you need more help alright buddy.

BTW you cannot even tell the carpet is cut once the seat and center console is installed back into the truck!
Old 06-10-2012, 10:23 PM   #54
CayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Check out these pictures and see if they help out. I cut the carpet on the floor board and ran them through the whole center console. PM me if you need more help alright buddy.

BTW you cannot even tell the carpet is cut once the seat and center console is installed back into the truck!

awesome! thanks. If I run into trouble ill shoot you a PM
Old 07-28-2012, 01:32 AM   #56
valleykid619 is on a distinguished road
valleykid619's Tacoma Gallery

so in this step did you just cut and re solder?
Old 07-28-2012, 06:34 PM   #57
Busting hymens since 2014
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
Yep. Just cut that ribbon. Stripped the wires and soldered in longer wires.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:24 PM   #58
valleykid619 is on a distinguished road
valleykid619's Tacoma Gallery
i did all the solderig and the fucker didnt even work. god damit
Old 07-29-2012, 01:26 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleykid619 View Post
i did all the solderig and the fucker didnt even work. god damit

I'm there too...