Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

CB Radio (Cobra 29) Mod & Mount in Center Console

Old 07-29-2012, 01:55 PM   #61
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Wow. I glued a couple of door stops to the bottom (so I can hear the speaker) and sat it up on the dash. It is f'n huge. Nice job! If I tried that I'd burn my truck to the ground.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:04 PM   #62
valleykid619 is on a distinguished road
valleykid619's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGO4LOW View Post
Here is my take on this awesome idea!

nice set up thats exactly what i was plannin on doing.. could you take some pics of the ribbon wire that you had to cut and solder? thanks bud
Old 07-29-2012, 03:06 PM   #63
IGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: EMT-B
Name: Zach
IGO4LOW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by valleykid619 View Post
nice set up thats exactly what i was plannin on doing.. could you take some pics of the ribbon wire that you had to cut and solder? thanks bud
No ribbin wire. I used cat5e I think. Then I got a few packs of molex connectors and crimped/soldered them in about a foot from the face plate to ease in assembly/removal.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:07 PM   #66
IGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: EMT-B
Name: Zach
IGO4LOW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EATABULLETcom View Post
gonna try this next weekend hopefully i dont
Go slow. You'll be ok.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:50 PM   #68
Never Forget! 343
Bengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
Name: Bradley
Bengland25's Tacoma Gallery
Soooo I bought a new radio and want to used shielded wire to minimize noise. Also want to use some molex connectors so that I can disconnect if need be. Any suggestions or anything when doing it for the second time? Mine still works awesome but wanted the weather watch feature! Haha

Soooo what would you do different if you did this again? (Minus mounting location I would assume).
Old 01-15-2013, 06:51 PM   #69
Just think outside the Yota
CayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
CayucosTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengland25 View Post
Soooo I bought a new radio and want to used shielded wire to minimize noise. Also want to use some molex connectors so that I can disconnect if need be. Any suggestions or anything when doing it for the second time? Mine still works awesome but wanted the weather watch feature! Haha

Soooo what would you do different if you did this again? (Minus mounting location I would assume).
not fuck mine up to the point where it didnt work after hours of soldering
Old 01-18-2013, 01:56 PM   #70
dbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brooks
dbkid05tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
i have wanted to mount mine where the stock head unit goes
Old 03-12-2013, 10:49 PM   #73
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0352
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
Christ you guys, this all looks AWESOME
Old 03-25-2013, 04:03 PM   #74
buttersz is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
buttersz's Tacoma Gallery
what is the max length on the Cat 5e before it does not work anymore
Old 03-25-2013, 05:26 PM   #75
WY7FRV
woodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
woodnick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by buttersz View Post
I did about 5-6 feet on mine. I just took a length of wire with my arms stretched out and cut it. You can see it in my build.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:36 PM   #76
kwofford10 is on a distinguished road

kwofford10's Tacoma Gallery
you could always mount it here
Attached Thumbnails
CB Radio (Cobra 29) Mod & Mount in Center Console-img_1109.jpg   CB Radio (Cobra 29) Mod & Mount in Center Console-img_1107.jpg  
Old 04-06-2013, 08:14 PM   #77
WQ8M is on a distinguished road
WQ8M's Tacoma Gallery
Smile Outstanding

Outstanding job doing your remote head. I found your post through Google because I was searching for CB's with a detachable head to do the same thing you did but with less pain - ha! Very nice job my man. I just purchased a new F250 diesel so I can finally have some muscle to tow camping trailers in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado uphill at 70MPH if I want to. Very best regards to you - again - excellent job.
Scott Jennings
Old 05-27-2013, 10:10 PM   #79
Thorny is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: Dean
Thorny's Tacoma Gallery
Great work and thanks!! This is just what I was looking for.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:28 PM   #80
Thelgord is a name known to allThelgord is a name known to allThelgord is a name known to allThelgord is a name known to allThelgord is a name known to allThelgord is a name known to all
Army: 4ID
Thelgord's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by buttersz View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor...segment_length

100 Meters, 330 Feet for stable network usage. Just FYI, Cat 5E is designed to carry 5VDC a very long way without signal loss. If you're worried about signal loss or "noise" from interference use Cat 6 cable. It has an additional cross shaped insulator running through the cable. It is a bit of a pain to work with at times, but if you really need the piece of mind then go for it, but it really isn't needed. I have personally ran regular Cat 5 cable for more than 100 feet with no issues, for networking use of course.

So, the short answer is, no matter how much you think you will need, Cat 5 or Cat 5E will be able to handle any length you want to put in to your cab, or any where else on your Taco.