1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Kenwood KSC-SW10 Installed

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Winger12003, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Sep 2, 2009 at 7:37 PM
    Winger12003

Winger12003 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD OFFROAD 4x4
    265/75/16 Duratracs, 1.25 Spidertrax, OEM rack, TRD catback, weathertechs, TRD bead Locks, 5100's all around with 1 inch rear block
    OK it's about 10:15 pm on Wed. night and my bro-inlaw just got through with the install on my Kenwood SW10.

Here are the pro's and con's so far:

Pro's:
    Great little powered sub for adding some bottom end in double cab. This thing is not gonna blow out the windows or wake the neighbors, but if your in the market for some clean low-end to add to your replacement speakers and head unit w/o cutting up the cabin then you might want to try this little jewel. Just remember it's a 5x7 speaker, not a 12" JL sub in a custom cabinet. I mounted mine with some velcro straps to the front of the rear seat section where the tranny hump runs down the middle of the cab, with the sub facing forward. I must say in this position you can feel some nice tight thump, not chest thumping mind you, but you can tell its more bottom end than w/o it.

Con's:
    Was hoping to mount this under the passenger seat , but no way, even with the seat unbolted and lifted up, it still hits the slide track for the seat. It will fit behind the rear drivers side seat in the bin, you just have to remove the little holder thats there, but not sure how much punch you would get with it behind the seat, especially with the seat up.

This unit is connected to a Kenwood DPX503 H/U with sub outs and I have the x-over set at 80hz, with the high pass set to "through" Speakers are fronts-JL audio and rear doors Sony Xplods. The H/U is 22 watts RMS and the sub is 30 watts rms, 150 max. Overall I am very happy witht he sound, its clear with tjust the right amount of bottom end, and I listen to everything from metal to dance. I like my music clean, clear and some light bottom end and this is what I have.

I will take some pics this weekend of the H/U and the mounted sub.

2. Sep 20, 2009 at 1:22 PM
    tcBob

tcBob Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
    good writeup mike. did u snap the pics yet?

3. Sep 20, 2009 at 1:40 PM
    Winger12003

Winger12003 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD OFFROAD 4x4
    265/75/16 Duratracs, 1.25 Spidertrax, OEM rack, TRD catback, weathertechs, TRD bead Locks, 5100's all around with 1 inch rear block
    I took some pics, but I am having a hard time posting them up, the file size seems to be to big to post on here.

4. Sep 20, 2009 at 6:16 PM
    oldtacomaguy

oldtacomaguy four forty four

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    08 SR-5 4WD Impulse Red Pearl
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
    I've got the same subwoofer, and it's going on 4 years old with no problems. Like the OP said, not going to rattle the windows, but you can hear and feel the base. I listen to mostly classic rock and I'm happy with it. Mine is mounted on the rear panel, right in the middle.

[​IMG]

5. Apr 20, 2010 at 9:56 AM
    TacomaJack09

TacomaJack09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jackson
    Montana!
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab 4x4
    Billie 5100's, Ride Rite Airbags, Tech Deck
    Nice, I am looking into this amp. I hope that it fits underneath my bench seat in my Reg cab...

6. Apr 20, 2010 at 10:04 AM
    mcampos0

mcampos0 Today I Will!!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    EL Paso
    Vehicle:
    09 DC Pre
    Mud Flaps Off, Window Tint, Keyless Remote w/ Kill switch n Alarm, Straps for shovel in back, Avh-3100DVD, 3in toytec lift, 285/75/16 Nitto tera Grapplers on stock 16 wheels, Polk Audio MM speakers all around
    Thats pretty cool.. When you pump the bass does it rattle???

Products Discussed in

To Top