1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

dynamat

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by RDAY, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Sep 5, 2009 at 1:58 PM
    RDAY

RDAY [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    NY
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    is this stuff worth it it seems like more and more people are getting it if im doing a 10" sub in the rear and newcomponents up front of my access cab would just the front doors be enough to do?

2. Sep 5, 2009 at 3:00 PM
    JayAre

JayAre Well-Known Member

Member:
    OR
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD Sport DCLB
    I just installed my 2 12's last night, and I don't really have any inside rattles. They used to be in a 1st gen 4runner, and that thing rattled like crazy, so I dynamated the whole thing. It cost around $300, but it was worth it. I don't really see a need for it in the Tacoma, but from what I have read around here, doing your doors would be worth it. You're not gonna need it for rattles, but it'll make it sound better. Dynamat is kind of expensive though, others have recommended raamat or other products.

3. Sep 5, 2009 at 4:05 PM
    ItalynStylion

ItalynStylion Sounds Gooooood

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    DFW, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4
    1) Do your front doors at the very least.
    2) Don't use dynamat...it's expensive.

Raamat, Second Skin Audio, Sound Deadener Showdown....better stuff and cheaper

4. Sep 5, 2009 at 4:08 PM
    johnw

johnw Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    john
    orlando florida
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner v-6 4.0L 4 door
    well you asked for specs..... 06 trd sport speedway blue 5.3l v8 4.0 camburg lift spindles extended travel icons total chaos lowers allpro 4" leaf pack 17" xd hoss rims 37/12.5/17 mickey thompson baja atz Allpro hybrid bumper grill craft grill wicked flow muffler inside i have..... wet okole real tree camo seat cover blue oznium dome light stealth sub box with 2 10" kicker comp subs kicker 400 watt amp weathertech floor mats
    in my second gen the only rattle that i get is when i put my sunglasses in the holder wrong they rattle

5. Sep 5, 2009 at 4:38 PM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    to me, its more to keep the music inside and the road noise outside then to prevent rattle :D

6. Sep 5, 2009 at 4:48 PM
    johnw

johnw Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    john
    orlando florida
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner v-6 4.0L 4 door
    well you asked for specs..... 06 trd sport speedway blue 5.3l v8 4.0 camburg lift spindles extended travel icons total chaos lowers allpro 4" leaf pack 17" xd hoss rims 37/12.5/17 mickey thompson baja atz Allpro hybrid bumper grill craft grill wicked flow muffler inside i have..... wet okole real tree camo seat cover blue oznium dome light stealth sub box with 2 10" kicker comp subs kicker 400 watt amp weathertech floor mats
    i honestly dont get much road noise. if i have the radio off yah i get road noise. but music is always on.

7. Sep 5, 2009 at 8:03 PM
    lembowski

lembowski Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Rolando, CA
    Vehicle:
    Jeeper Creeper
    Is Fatmat good? I have a large roll my old roommate left in our storage area and I was thinking of using it.......

8. Sep 5, 2009 at 11:19 PM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    try listening to your sterio sittin in your drivway with the truck turned off. then listen to it while driving, it will sound better sitting still with it off.

9. Sep 6, 2009 at 5:23 AM
    RDAY

RDAY [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    NY
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    how hard is this stuff do do because I really dont wanna tear my whole truck apart to do it if I just do the doors how hard is it?

10. Sep 6, 2009 at 11:04 AM
    JayAre

JayAre Well-Known Member

Member:
    OR
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD Sport DCLB
    I wouldn't say it's hard to do, but I would say it's a bitch...if that makes sense. It's just kind of tedious cutting the stuff and applying it. I can only speak for dynamat, but it's tough to cut, very sticky, and that black shit sticks to everything. I didn't have one of those roller tools, so it made it more difficult. I used my hands and the butt of a screwdriver.

Just the doors won't be too bad as far has tearing up the truck goes. The panels come off very easy. You won't be sorry if you do it. When you get the one door done and you shut it, you will instantly notice the benefit by the way it sounds.

11. Sep 7, 2009 at 8:24 AM
    KAPendley

KAPendley Best Hack I Know

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Hickory, NC
    Vehicle:
    96 2WD V6 Extended Cab
    Shaved, Lowered,Airbrushed (some)
    I have a link on here Second Skin FTW!!.

FWIW, I use only SSA. I was GOING to use dynamat when I first opened my store in 06, but when I called them to be a dealer they blew me off. I called Ant at Second Skin, and he took care of me. When I recieved the product, and realized how much thicker it was, and how the foil doesnt tear when you apply it to places with deeper curves in the body....its pretty much the best out there.

Personally, If ANY other sound deadener company offered their product to me for FREE, I would rather BUY it from SSA.

Products Discussed in

To Top