Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

DIY: Rear Speakers- 2nd Gen Reg Cab

Old 08-06-2010, 01:28 PM   #61
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
danteisme's Tacoma Gallery
just out of curiousity, did any of you guys already have wires in that harness? i went to start running my wires today, and on either side of the brown wire is 2 wires in the same locations for the rear speaker +/-. i tried tracing the wires, after about an hour i said eff this. so i opened up the harness to replace the wires in the factory harness with the ones i made. they are in there good! i'll snap a pic as soon as i finish typing this up. i dont know why there are wires there already, its just an 05 reg cab? thoughts as to why they are there, or where the hell they ran them to??
Old 08-06-2010, 01:45 PM   #62
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of

heres the pic. red/white, and yellow and black
Old 08-07-2010, 10:04 AM   #63
TacoVerde is a glorious beacon of lightTacoVerde is a glorious beacon of lightTacoVerde is a glorious beacon of lightTacoVerde is a glorious beacon of lightTacoVerde is a glorious beacon of lightTacoVerde is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Sean
TacoVerde's Tacoma Gallery
huh... maybe they used an acces cab harness or something... mine didn't have anything except the brown wire and i had to get those green Toyota wires at $5 a pop yeesh
Old 08-07-2010, 12:54 PM   #64
ya i bought those too thinking i needed them. oh well. i tried tracing these wires and gave up after they disappeared into the abyss of the dashboard. i just chopped them off about 6 inches past the harness, then ran my own wires.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:17 PM   #65
daggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nice
daggertats's Tacoma Gallery
DIY: Rear Speakers- 2nd Gen Reg Cab-speakers.jpg

DIY: Rear Speakers- 2nd Gen Reg Cab-speakers-close.jpga great big thanks for this info. i just finished doing my truck and its a super difference in sound. id like to make a note that the wire that was brown in your truck was a very light tan in mine. just to let people know the color might differ on sosme vehicles. again thanks for the super write up you did.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:50 PM   #66
This space intentionally left blank.
Boring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Discharged honorably many years ago.
Boring's Tacoma Gallery
That's pretty classy looking with the carpet daggertats. I might have to copy that.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:29 AM   #67
daggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nice
thanks....i just hated that bare paint look
Old 03-02-2011, 10:03 PM   #68
Minitaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Derek
Minitaco's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good daggertats! I plan on doing the same along with some dynomat. Are those tweaters I see above the rear speakers? Did you get componets and just make you own hole for the tweats?
Old 03-02-2011, 10:17 PM   #69
XXXXL Member
darkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

darkgreentaco's Tacoma Gallery
did you guys use plywood for your speaker boxes?
Old 03-03-2011, 01:05 PM   #70
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...o-you-use.html

no offense to anyone, but it's hard to imagine a bigger waste of money than putting rear speakers in a std. cab truck. i wouldn't put them in an extended or dc (unless i had a processor).
Old 03-03-2011, 10:13 PM   #71
TacoVerde is a glorious beacon of lightTacoVerde is a glorious beacon of lightTacoVerde is a glorious beacon of lightTacoVerde is a glorious beacon of lightTacoVerde is a glorious beacon of lightTacoVerde is a glorious beacon of light

its not a waste of money if it improved your truck and you like the results. My truck is louder now slightly and i can hear shit in my music i didn't hear before. so the surround sound in movie theaters is a waste too

i did mine for less than $80
Old 03-04-2011, 02:23 AM   #72
yes, got the component speakers and just made a hole for them theres a decent amount of room behind that panel where you see the tweeter. theres also a yellow air bag wire so look out.....lol . yes i used plywood for the boxes. i followed a thread that someone in here made about adding speakers . if i remember right it was jhodges thread.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:48 AM   #73
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoVerde View Post
its not a waste of money if it improved your truck and you like the results. My truck is louder now slightly and i can hear shit in my music i didn't hear before. so the surround sound in movie theaters is a waste too

i did mine for less than $80
volumewise, you might get it a bit louder. sound quality wise, not a chance. you're comparing two channel stereo music do multi-channel encoded sound???? that's not even close to apples to apples. and i'm not even going to mention playing sound directly into the back of your seat.... (except the sub of course).

spend some time on this site and read up on the topic....

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...o-you-use.html
Old 03-05-2011, 01:32 PM   #74

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...you-use-1.html
So like every forum, basically their are guys that say rear fill is good and bad and it depends on what YOU like. Alot of these guys also have way more capable systems then my base model stereo with stock speakers except for the rears that i added. All im saying is it's not a waste of money if you feel it improved the sound and you like it. It's something that improved my sound for the time being till i put in a better sound system.

mr woodygg
Old 03-05-2011, 01:49 PM   #75
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggertats View Post
Attachment 72712

Attachment 72713a great big thanks for this info. i just finished doing my truck and its a super difference in sound. id like to make a note that the wire that was brown in your truck was a very light tan in mine. just to let people know the color might differ on sosme vehicles. again thanks for the super write up you did.
that looks good, what did you use to cover it?

btw, anyone knows what does that brown/tan wire is for?
Old 03-05-2011, 01:57 PM   #76
fabric store had this material for like 6.95 a yd if i remember correctly. its a thick felt like carpet. its simular to what you see on some speaker boxes that they sell in best buy etc.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:05 PM   #77
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
cool, so you used some adhesive spray and glued it there? looks great man, I've been wanting to do that, but haven thought how to go about it.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:09 PM   #78
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
just noticed something else, is that a tweeter behind your passenger side seatbelt?
Old 04-15-2011, 07:33 AM   #79
champs s10 is on a distinguished road

Name: Travis
champs s10's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

I was hoping that someone could give me exact measurements so I can do this also I was hoping to run 61/2 I just need box sizes so I know what to cut thanks in advance
Old 04-15-2011, 02:36 PM   #80
yeah its just spray adhesive...sprayed it on the truck and the material waited a few minutes and stuck it in place...and yes they are tweeters you see..when i changed the front speakers i got the same ones for the back .