Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

DIY: Rear Speakers- 2nd Gen Reg Cab

Old 04-15-2011, 02:39 PM   #81
daggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nice
daggertats's Tacoma Gallery
hey champs.........page 3 post 50 i think it was.....gsm put in some mesurements
Old 11-01-2012, 11:12 AM   #82
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
danteisme's Tacoma Gallery
i'm bumping this back up. i'm thinking i wound to add some sound deadening to the rear wall. after i complete that, i'll want to carpet it so i dont have to look at the deadening mat. will the spray adhesive stick to the sound deadening just the same as to the bare metal of the truck?
Old 11-01-2012, 01:01 PM   #83
NuovoTech is on a distinguished road

NuovoTech's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i'm thinking i wound to add some sound deadening to the rear wall...
Just adding rear speakers made a world of difference in my base cab, IMO adding sound deadening, etc seemed unnecessary. Tho it might help to cancel out road noise at freeway speeds?
Old 11-01-2012, 02:22 PM   #84
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
danteisme's Tacoma Gallery
that is the main reason i want to do it. i added the rear speakers to the cab a couple years ago. i'd like to cover up the bare metal with some automotive carpet, and i figured i may as well add some sound deadening before i do the carpeting.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:26 PM   #85
SlowComa666 is on a distinguished road
SlowComa666's Tacoma Gallery
has anyone measured the out wattage of the factory radios? i have the 2013 6.1 touchscreen and want to get rear speakers that will match well.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:47 AM   #86
11bdad is on a distinguished road
11bdad's Tacoma Gallery
Thinking of adding some rear speakers to my 2012 reg cab. Should I expect to find a connection with the brown wire behind the radio? From reading this thread it appears that the connection with the brown wire is for rear speakers. Anyone know where the wires terminate in the back? It appears as though this truck hasn't been pre-wired for anything (so far), so I'm expecting to not find a connection with the brown wire. I was thinking of using a Scosche TA02RB connector & running speaker wires & a ground. Has anyone wanting to add rear speakers not found the connector behind the radio?

Thanks
Old 01-23-2013, 09:11 AM   #87
SlowComa666 is on a distinguished road
SlowComa666's Tacoma Gallery
another thought on all this

since we have another set of outputs...why not "bi-amp" the front door speakers.

this way we can fade between the "6x9" and "tweeter" to tailor the sound to our liking.

this also assumes speaker replacement as the factory offering are kinda shit.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:13 AM   #89
Evenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
Evenflow's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry if someone already mentioned this but any stereo shop will have Metra brand male harnesses for repairing OE harness that have been chopped. That would be the easiest way to tap into those rear speaker outputs on the back of the OE deck.
Old 03-14-2014, 05:12 AM   #90
DealsGapCobra is on a distinguished road
DealsGapCobra's Tacoma Gallery
This thread has bee very helpful. I did my base 2007 4x4 yesterday and found some differences. When I pulled the radio to add the speaker wires, I noticed they were already installed! So then, the hunt for the loose ends began, thought I would share what I found.

On the drivers side, the wires are yellow and black (black positive based on the information from the OP) and they terminate in the bottom of the white plug shown near the bottom behind the drivers kick panel. The speaker wires are slightly larger in diameter than the other wires in the connector.

The passenger side wires are red and yellow (red positive) and the terminate behind the passenger kick panel. They are the only two wires in the black comnector seen near the top left of this photo.

This forum has been very helpful to me over the past year so I figured I should join and post what I found.

Thanks!
Old 03-14-2014, 04:50 PM   #91
clcnohio will become famous soon enough

Name: Carl
clcnohio's Tacoma Gallery
Great job there...I'm going to do the same in my regular cab....thanks
Old 03-27-2014, 07:30 AM   #92
tony2018 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtony2018 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtony2018 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtony2018 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtony2018 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtony2018 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtony2018 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtony2018 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtony2018 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtony2018 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtony2018 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tony2018's Tacoma Gallery
Have you guys thought about maybe a 6x8 in the back instead of a 6.5?
Old 04-17-2014, 07:43 AM   #93
nevenelestate is just really nicenevenelestate is just really nicenevenelestate is just really nicenevenelestate is just really nicenevenelestate is just really nice

Air Force: F-16 Avionics Tech 01-07
Name: Andrew
nevenelestate's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DealsGapCobra View Post
This thread has bee very helpful. I did my base 2007 4x4 yesterday and found some differences. When I pulled the radio to add the speaker wires, I noticed they were already installed! So then, the hunt for the loose ends began, thought I would share what I found.

On the drivers side, the wires are yellow and black (black positive based on the information from the OP) and they terminate in the bottom of the white plug shown near the bottom behind the drivers kick panel. The speaker wires are slightly larger in diameter than the other wires in the connector.

The passenger side wires are red and yellow (red positive) and the terminate behind the passenger kick panel. They are the only two wires in the black comnector seen near the top left of this photo.

This forum has been very helpful to me over the past year so I figured I should join and post what I found.

Thanks!
Great info, has anyone found these wires on a 2012 or newer? really wish there was an easy source for Tacoma wiring diagrams!