Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Front speakers on 07 Tacoma

Old 01-11-2008, 09:36 AM   #1
natek is on a distinguished road
natek's Tacoma Gallery
Front speakers on 07 Tacoma

I just dropped off my 2007 tacome dbl cab to get a head unit and speakers installed all the way around. They said to put 6x9s up front you must cut the factory speakers out to be able to mount them without using an adapter. They charged like 105 to install them. Does anyone know if they really have to do that? and u cant use the factory speakers again.If not im goin to get my money back.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:36 AM   #2
Leer has a spectacular aura aboutLeer has a spectacular aura aboutLeer has a spectacular aura about
Name: Lee
Leer's Tacoma Gallery
Well if you didn't get the work done yet, I'd nix the 6x9's and get some 6" components in there. It will sound WAY better and you won't have to cut anything in your door at all!!!

You could even go with a lower priced 5 1/4 set like this from Crutchfield and it will sound good!!!

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...3&tp=106&avf=N
Old 01-11-2008, 12:39 PM   #3
Solo Member
kilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Kilo Battery 3rd Battalion 11th Marines 1st Marine Division
kilo's Tacoma Gallery
Stay away from the 6x9 speaker!! If they cut out the stock one don't worry because they SUCK!
Old 01-11-2008, 12:41 PM   #4
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Did you say $105 for just the installation of front speakers???

Also, get some components and replace your tweeter as well.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:56 PM   #5
khfactor is on a distinguished road

khfactor's Tacoma Gallery
After 6-1/2" install, my Bass seemed to have VANISHED !!

Just like everyone else, I replaced the stock front speakers. I did with Kenwood 6-1/2" speakers on my 07 TRS Sport yesterday. I got them thru Crutchfield for about $50 which included adapters and wiring harness for speakers. I have the factory 6-CD radio and I do not intend to replace it, at least not yet.....

After the new speakers (front only) have been installed, the "boom boom- iness" seemed to have vanished. I know I double checked the polarity and what not. Really, you cannot installed the front speakers wrong with the Crutchfield speaker color coded harnesses.

See attached photo for speakers I installed. Where did the BASS disappeared to? Did anyone else have this problem?

After I installed Kenwoods, One thing I noticed that was different from the factory speaker mount was approx. 1/8" air gap between the adapter and the metal frame. With the factory mount, it was almost a tight install where as with the Crutchfield adpater, a gap was produced. Could this have anything to do with the BASS disappearing????
Attached Thumbnails
Front speakers on 07 Tacoma-kenwood-1680ie.jpg  
Old 01-13-2008, 05:19 PM   #6
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
You can get some adapter rings with the screw kit from Tacotunes.com. Get the wiring kit too and it's pretty much plug-n-play. They allow you to fit a 6x9 in the front without cutting the door. The overall cost is probably the same, but you aren't cutting into your truck.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:27 PM   #7
bledsoe3 is on a distinguished road
bledsoe3's Tacoma Gallery
I used 6 X 9 components by MB Quart. With 150 w per channel they sound pretty good.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MB-QUART-RCE269-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 01-15-2008, 05:33 PM   #8
bbarian333 is on a distinguished road

bbarian333's Tacoma Gallery
Like robrjohnson says, use the tacotunes adaptor kit and you can use any speaker. I've looked at crutchfield and i dont think their adaptors work correctly with our trucks.