1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Front speakers on 07 Tacoma

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by natek, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Jan 11, 2008 at 9:36 AM
    natek

natek [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma 4dr TRD sport
    Alpine head unit, 6x9 Alpine type S, 6.5 Alpine type S, 15% tint
    I just dropped off my 2007 tacome dbl cab to get a head unit and speakers installed all the way around. They said to put 6x9s up front you must cut the factory speakers out to be able to mount them without using an adapter. They charged like 105 to install them. Does anyone know if they really have to do that? and u cant use the factory speakers again.If not im goin to get my money back.

2. Jan 11, 2008 at 11:36 AM
    Leer

Leer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Hilo HI
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma 4x4
  3. Jan 11, 2008 at 12:39 PM
    kilo

kilo Solo Member

Member:
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2007 Dbl cab long bed TRD Sport
    custom sliders, 3" Old Man Emu lift, onboard air, custom surf-rod mount, custom bed rack, ARB bumper, Budbuilt fuel tank skid-plate
    Stay away from the 6x9 speaker!! If they cut out the stock one don't worry because they SUCK!

4. Jan 11, 2008 at 12:41 PM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    Did you say $105 for just the installation of front speakers???

Also, get some components and replace your tweeter as well.

5. Jan 13, 2008 at 1:56 PM
    khfactor

khfactor Well-Known Member

Member:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Vehicle:
    07 White TRD Sport
    Pop N Lock + Hose Clamp. DTRL, AFE drop-In Dry filter, 6-1/2" Replacement Speakers, JVC HD Radio, Sam's club variety Floor mats (cheap but effective), Chrome Exhaust tip, Bed Mat from ol' Ford Ranger. As of 3/25/2020, the Odometer just turned 70K.
    Just like everyone else, I replaced the stock front speakers. I did with Kenwood 6-1/2" speakers on my 07 TRS Sport yesterday. I got them thru Crutchfield for about $50 which included adapters and wiring harness for speakers. I have the factory 6-CD radio and I do not intend to replace it, at least not yet.....

After the new speakers (front only) have been installed, the "boom boom- iness" seemed to have vanished. I know I double checked the polarity and what not. Really, you cannot installed the front speakers wrong with the Crutchfield speaker color coded harnesses.

See attached photo for speakers I installed. Where did the BASS disappeared to? Did anyone else have this problem?

After I installed Kenwoods, One thing I noticed that was different from the factory speaker mount was approx. 1/8" air gap between the adapter and the metal frame. With the factory mount, it was almost a tight install where as with the Crutchfield adpater, a gap was produced. Could this have anything to do with the BASS disappearing????

kenwood 1680ie.jpg

6. Jan 13, 2008 at 5:19 PM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    You can get some adapter rings with the screw kit from *********.com. Get the wiring kit too and it's pretty much plug-n-play. They allow you to fit a 6x9 in the front without cutting the door. The overall cost is probably the same, but you aren't cutting into your truck.

7. Jan 13, 2008 at 7:27 PM
    bledsoe3

bledsoe3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Portland
    Vehicle:
    '15 DCLB Limited
    SnugTop, Air Lift bags, Bilstein 5100's up front, AAL in rear, 275/70/18 BFG AT TA KO2, URD TCAI, URD Cat Back
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  8. Jan 15, 2008 at 5:33 PM
    bbarian333

bbarian333 Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    06, Accesss Cab, TRD Sport
    TRD exh, K&N drop in,TRD seat cvrs,tsb springs
    Like robrjohnson says, use the ********* adaptor kit and you can use any speaker. I've looked at crutchfield and i dont think their adaptors work correctly with our trucks.

Products Discussed in

To Top