1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Speaker recommendations

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by YotaCraZ, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Sep 11, 2009 at 3:10 AM
    YotaCraZ

YotaCraZ [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Eastern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Super White TRD Sport
    TRD Catback, AFE Pro Dry S Drop in, RS3200 Plus, Westin Step/Bull Bars, Access LE Tonneau, Redline Hood Struts, tint, AMI stubby antenna, AVS Vent Shades, Sylvannia Silverstar headlight/foglight bulbs, TRD Seat Covers, Bed Mat, Pop-N-Lock, Highland mats
    Hey guys/gals, been awhile since I've posted...life has kept me busy.

I've just purchased the Kenwood DNX9140 and I will be using the stock speakers for awhile, IOW...until I replenish my "Toys" fund (also just picked up a Scangauge II). When the fund is replenished, I will invest in an amp and speakers

Question.... What speakers would you recommend? I primarily listen to contemporary jazz. The speakers must be efficient, clean and crisp with a deep, tight bass. I'd prefer not to cut into or tear up my existing interior. I've heard of a thin sub-type speaker that can be mounted in the rear doors (access cab) but I cannot remember the company. Polk, maybe?

Appreciate your help.

2. Sep 11, 2009 at 6:28 AM
    ItalynStylion

ItalynStylion Sounds Gooooood

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    DFW, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4
    For an amp I think the PDX 150.4 is a good choice. Small, dense, plentiful power. You could run the front speakers off 2 channels and bridge the rear channels for the sub. By the time you order the Stereo Integrity BM will be out and you could use that for a sub. If you're looking for a sub for the rear doors the Tang Band Neo 8" sub might be a cool option. It might require some fitment but I think it would be pretty cool.

3. Sep 11, 2009 at 8:14 AM
    stang88

stang88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    i have pioneers in my 09... love them.. they sound very good too.

4. Sep 11, 2009 at 9:03 AM
    wrmathis

wrmathis Dark Lord of the Sith

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Bonaire, GA
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4
    parts and stuff
    Pioneer Premier TS-C720PRS

5. Sep 11, 2009 at 1:09 PM
    McJosh

McJosh avidoffroad.com

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Chandler
    Vehicle:
    2005 Reg. Cab 5 lug Tacoma
    Pioneer AVH-p2300DVD, 12" Memphis sub and Alpine MRP-M650 amp, 32" BFG AT tires and KMC wheels, tinted windows, satoshi grille w/ stainless steel mesh, Avid front & rear tube bumpers, Cobra wx75 CB with 3' firestik, GaragePro bucket seats, FlowMaster 40 series, aFe CAI, Black head lights, LoJack and Autopage alarm installed, Avid sliders.
    I have 2 10" kicker comps but there are shallow mounts too that can fit back there. As for an amp, I recommend alpine mono blocks. The best!

Products Discussed in

To Top