Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

New Head Unit

Old 09-12-2009, 04:19 PM   #1
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
New Head Unit

I just picked up my new JVC head unit today. It's a JVC KD-R200. I picked it, a wiring kit, and the mounting kit for a little under $70. (I got a buddy at Best Buy, employee discount ). It's bottom of the line, but I really just wanted the AUX port for my Ipod. I hate the stupid FM transmitters. My next project is trying to cram a sub into the back without sacrificing seats.
Old 09-12-2009, 04:40 PM   #3
bboynowee is a name known to allbboynowee is a name known to allbboynowee is a name known to allbboynowee is a name known to allbboynowee is a name known to allbboynowee is a name known to all

bboynowee's Tacoma Gallery
X3

Congrats!
Old 09-12-2009, 06:02 PM   #4
JayAre is a splendid one to beholdJayAre is a splendid one to beholdJayAre is a splendid one to beholdJayAre is a splendid one to beholdJayAre is a splendid one to beholdJayAre is a splendid one to beholdJayAre is a splendid one to behold
JayAre's Tacoma Gallery
does it sound better than the stock hu?
Old 09-13-2009, 11:28 AM   #6
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Keep your pants on, it's not installed yet! I'll take pics once it's in, but it probably will be next weekend. Also on the sub, I'm looking at getting a powered Bazooka tube sub. Anyone have one?
Old 09-13-2009, 05:15 PM   #7
The StormTrooper
TightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TightShirts
TightShirts's Tacoma Gallery
you should get the one that looks like a NOS bottle... that would be gangster! j/k

Old 09-14-2009, 08:00 PM   #8
Peanut Butter and Jaaaaaaaammmmmmm!!
t.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry Officer
Name: Ted
t.hornstra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTaco View Post
Keep your pants on, it's not installed yet! I'll take pics once it's in, but it probably will be next weekend. Also on the sub, I'm looking at getting a powered Bazooka tube sub. Anyone have one?
I have the 10" its sitting in between the rear seats so people can fit back there. it fits perfectly between the back wall and the center console. however, i can't really open my center console now.. oh well haha i can crack it enough to put trash in it.
having it against the rear wall lets the sub fire off the wall, producing good bass.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:04 PM   #9

MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Finally got it in

All for $80 bucks installed. Yes it does sound better than the stock one. Better bass from the stock speakers, but I still want a bazooka!
Old 09-28-2009, 06:39 PM   #10

MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
It was easy once I quit trying to put it in the wrong hole
Old 09-28-2009, 08:11 PM   #11
Habitual line-stepper
elevin is on a distinguished road

Name: Eric
elevin's Tacoma Gallery
That's a helluva good deal, and looks good too! I just had a Kenwood Excellon malfunction on me, still under warrantee...I replaced w/ a nice JVC and like it a lot!
Old 09-29-2009, 04:21 AM   #12
machman is on a distinguished road

Navy: MR2
machman's Tacoma Gallery
It looks like the color probably goes good with our dash lights too. Nice job.