Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

can anyone review this?

Old 09-26-2009, 02:51 AM   #1
CSULB socal
dunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig Sirois
dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
can anyone review this?

2 of these http://www.dealercostcaraudio.com/10w1v2-8.aspx

with http://www.supercrewsound.com/commer...jsp?prodId=105

and this amp http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/prod...odel=MRP-M1000

ill have it installed at an auto shop
Old 09-26-2009, 07:36 AM   #2
stang88 is on a distinguished road
stang88's Tacoma Gallery
get the 4 ohm version of the speakers...

ohms law= 8+8=4 ohms at the amplifier

4+4=2 ohms at the amplifier.

now review the specs on the amp and you will see a good more deal of power out of a 2 ohm load then a 4 ohm load. that will give you overall better sound and you wont have to push the amp as hard.... but thats just my opinion.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:41 AM   #3
Never seen Forest Gump
tim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
tim920's Tacoma Gallery
If you're going to get shallow mount subs, I found a slightly cheaper deal. It only allows up to 5" of mounting.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYOT...sQ5fEnclosures

I believe it's 8% cashback through Bing. Search "buyitnow"
Old 09-26-2009, 08:28 AM   #4
stang88's Tacoma Gallery
i have a single pioneer shallow mount 12 and people that hear my system say it sounds like i have 2 12'. it sounds very good and very clean.
Old 09-26-2009, 08:31 AM   #5
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordon
SilverSeven's Tacoma Gallery
im more of a solo beric kind of guy
Old 09-26-2009, 08:51 AM   #6
Never seen Forest Gump
tim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
tim920's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
im more of a solo beric kind of guy

Those are good too but some might not fit back there.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...llow-subs.html
Old 09-26-2009, 01:20 PM   #7
CSULB socal
dunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stang88 View Post
get the 4 ohm version of the speakers...

ohms law= 8+8=4 ohms at the amplifier

4+4=2 ohms at the amplifier.

now review the specs on the amp and you will see a good more deal of power out of a 2 ohm load then a 4 ohm load. that will give you overall better sound and you wont have to push the amp as hard.... but thats just my opinion.
how to i choose the version?
cause it says 2-8.

and thanks for the input guys.

wouldnt 2 10's give a more sharp sound then one 12?

because im disgusted with rap and listen to metal/progressive stuff and i dont want anything too boomy if you know what i mean.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:56 PM   #8
dreamnz is a splendid one to beholddreamnz is a splendid one to beholddreamnz is a splendid one to beholddreamnz is a splendid one to beholddreamnz is a splendid one to beholddreamnz is a splendid one to beholddreamnz is a splendid one to behold

dreamnz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkhi View Post
Google around for the history on "dealercostcaraudio.com" before u buy. It was a Tacotunes-like experience. I eventually got my order after numerous emails, calls, false promises for ship dates, etc...
Old 09-26-2009, 02:07 PM   #9
CSULB socal

dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamnz View Post
Google around for the history on "dealercostcaraudio.com" before u buy. It was a Tacotunes-like experience. I eventually got my order after numerous emails, calls, false promises for ship dates, etc...

alright yea i was just trying to post the sub woofer. not really sure where im going to get those. or even if im going to get those. i just want to make the best choice possible.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:18 PM   #10
stang88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkhi View Post
how to i choose the version?
cause it says 2-8.

and thanks for the input guys.

wouldnt 2 10's give a more sharp sound then one 12?

because im disgusted with rap and listen to metal/progressive stuff and i dont want anything too boomy if you know what i mean.
10w v2-8 means 10" woofer... model w... version 2... 8 ohm