Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Backup Camera Wiring Issue

Old 09-26-2009, 10:26 PM   #1
OB.BAJA is on a distinguished road

Name: Obed
OB.BAJA's Tacoma Gallery
Backup Camera Wiring Issue

Planning to buy a backup camera for my taco but am not sure on where to run the wires through..that is do i have to drill a hole in the cab etc...thanks
Old 09-26-2009, 11:51 PM   #2
dreamnz is a splendid one to beholddreamnz is a splendid one to beholddreamnz is a splendid one to beholddreamnz is a splendid one to beholddreamnz is a splendid one to beholddreamnz is a splendid one to beholddreamnz is a splendid one to behold

dreamnz's Tacoma Gallery
There's a rubber boot right under the driver's seat that makes it a breeze to install.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:20 PM   #3
digitalricepape is on a distinguished road
digitalricepape's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamnz View Post
There's a rubber boot right under the driver's seat that makes it a breeze to install.
Running the wires through the boot you mentioned will lead to the rear end of the truck?
Old 09-28-2009, 10:56 PM   #4
Retrofit Club!
lookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
lookylookitzadam's Tacoma Gallery
it will drop it out below the drivers side door on the outside of the frame rail, then you can run it back along the rails
Old 09-28-2009, 10:57 PM   #5
13th wunder
chyknees will become famous soon enough
chyknees's Tacoma Gallery
The boot can lead to the rear of the truck. Just have to run the wires along the frame and bed.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:16 PM   #6
I see..and would I be running these wires alongside any other wires? (ie taillamps, etc.)
Old 09-29-2009, 07:26 AM   #7
dreamnz is a splendid one to beholddreamnz is a splendid one to beholddreamnz is a splendid one to beholddreamnz is a splendid one to beholddreamnz is a splendid one to beholddreamnz is a splendid one to beholddreamnz is a splendid one to behold

dreamnz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalricepape View Post
I see..and would I be running these wires alongside any other wires? (ie taillamps, etc.)
Yes. I followed the existing wires wherever possible and just zip tied to it every 6-12 inches.

The trickiest part is running/attaching between the fuel tank and frame, but it's not too bad.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:50 AM   #8
Lets Go State!
PSUnick is a splendid one to beholdPSUnick is a splendid one to beholdPSUnick is a splendid one to beholdPSUnick is a splendid one to beholdPSUnick is a splendid one to beholdPSUnick is a splendid one to beholdPSUnick is a splendid one to behold

PSUnick's Tacoma Gallery
There is a rubber boot under the passenger seat also. If you run the wires down the passenger side of the truck then you can avoid the gas tank.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:22 AM   #9
Got it. Thanks!
Old 09-29-2009, 02:51 PM   #10

dreamnz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUnick View Post
There is a rubber boot under the passenger seat also. If you run the wires down the passenger side of the truck then you can avoid the gas tank.
That's funny! I feel like a bonehead. I should've checked for that before doing mine. :-)
Old 09-29-2009, 09:41 PM   #11
Retrofit Club!
lookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
lookylookitzadam's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamnz View Post
That's funny! I feel like a bonehead. I should've checked for that before doing mine. :-)
It seems more convenient to run it on the drivers side because you can take the reverse light wire right at the drivers kick panel. Then again you can tap it at the light itself.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:35 PM   #12
WV_Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdWV_Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdWV_Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdWV_Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdWV_Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdWV_Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdWV_Tacoma is a splendid one to behold
WV_Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
If I could do over again, I would run all the wires I could down the right side...No wires to speak of on the right side.......