Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Removing (entire) door?

Old 09-28-2009, 04:53 PM   #1
SubZombie is a jewel in the roughSubZombie is a jewel in the roughSubZombie is a jewel in the roughSubZombie is a jewel in the rough
SubZombie's Tacoma Gallery
Removing (entire) door?

Hey, don't ask me why I need to do this, but I'd like to get the whole door off the truck to do something.

Can I simply remove the bolts, then when I go to put it back on, screw it right back and it will be aligned just as good as it was?

Also, is there an easy way to detach the wiring?

Thanks.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:56 PM   #2
I CANT SPELL SO DONT BITCH
mwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mwild's Tacoma Gallery
drill a small hole in both hinges if u can get a drill in their and then use the drill bit to line it back up. im not sure about the wiring
Old 09-28-2009, 05:18 PM   #3
Lets Go State!
PSUnick is a splendid one to beholdPSUnick is a splendid one to beholdPSUnick is a splendid one to beholdPSUnick is a splendid one to beholdPSUnick is a splendid one to beholdPSUnick is a splendid one to beholdPSUnick is a splendid one to behold

PSUnick's Tacoma Gallery
No need to drill. The paint marks will give you an easy indicator as to where to align the door when you go to reinstall it.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:55 PM   #4
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
You could also use a fine tip sharpie to trace the hinge flange where it meets the door.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:15 PM   #5
www.saveadane.org
Anathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Anathollo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco4x4rar View Post
Very easy unbolt/unplug and then rebolt/replug. Did it this weekend with my tube doors.
X2 to what he said. Took him no time at all! Just DON'T push the wiring back into the frame, as taco4x4ar did this and he had a tough time getting it back out! If I remember correctly, Taco4x4ar said he tapes his to the door to keep it from falling back in!