1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

After Market HU & Satellite

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by testedone, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Oct 1, 2009 at 9:38 AM
    testedone

testedone [OP] Speak English..it's America

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    U.S.A.
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Weathertec Mats, Pioneer AVIC-X930BT, Pioneer GEX-P920XM (SAT), Pioneer Premier TS-D602P 6.2, Blaupunkt THb 200A Sub, Trimmed Mud Flaps, BF Goodrich AT/KO 285/70/17 ... Toytec Ultimate Lift, Tuffy Bed Box, A.R.E. Cover, Pop-n-Lock, TRD Exhaust
    So I just wanted to get to the bottom of "it" after reading SO many posts...

Is there any way to have Satellite radio with an aftermarket HU that DOES NOT have a separate small little tuner off to the side of my aftermarket HU, meaning I can tune the Satellite directly from my HU?

I have a 2008 Jeep Liberty Limited (love that thing) and just am spoiled by the system in it (NAV, Satellite, Infinity)

So I just want to know is it possible and what HU's should I look at that will allow direct tuning of SAT radio?

Thanks

2. Oct 1, 2009 at 10:26 AM
    testedone

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    U.S.A.
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Weathertec Mats, Pioneer AVIC-X930BT, Pioneer GEX-P920XM (SAT), Pioneer Premier TS-D602P 6.2, Blaupunkt THb 200A Sub, Trimmed Mud Flaps, BF Goodrich AT/KO 285/70/17 ... Toytec Ultimate Lift, Tuffy Bed Box, A.R.E. Cover, Pop-n-Lock, TRD Exhaust
    wait...it looks like if I have an alpine unit that is SAT capable I need these parts and I am good to go????

Does this sound right??
    SiriusConnect™ Car-only Tuner

Alpine KCA-SC100 SIRIUS Adapter

3. Oct 1, 2009 at 11:47 AM
    jtav2002

jtav2002 Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    Those stand alone tuners are only for when your head unit isn't sattelite radio radio. Any other ones will have all the control right through the head unit. You will typically just need to pick up the appropriate reciever for whatever brand you have to hook up to your head unit. Just be a box that you can hide anywhere behind the dash or behind your headunit or wherever and then you'll have your antenna to mount somewhere.

4. Oct 1, 2009 at 12:58 PM
    testedone

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    U.S.A.
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Thanks!! Mucho!

5. Oct 1, 2009 at 1:53 PM
    Jay-Hawks

Jay-Hawks Well-Known Member

Member:
    Galveston
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner TRD 4X2
    Tube Step, Leather interior, XM, Bed Extender, Tinted Windows, Dynolock
    My Alpine controls my Sirius tuner (mounted under back seat) without any seperate controls, pretty common actually in most aftermarket head units.[​IMG]

6. Oct 1, 2009 at 1:56 PM
    testedone

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    U.S.A.
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Thanks guys, I just have now go by a HU...

7. Nov 13, 2009 at 4:06 PM
    Aschmidlap3

Aschmidlap3 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    10 sr5
    I hope this isn't off topic, but can somebody direct me to what units are available for my 2010 Tacoma which is XM ready (It has the wiring and the antenna but no xm unit) Which will play through the head unit. Its not the JBL system. Can someone recommend a particular unit? Thanks. I'm a newby.

Products Discussed in

To Top