LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Amplifier recommendations

Old 10-03-2009, 07:48 PM   #1
WV_Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdWV_Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdWV_Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdWV_Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdWV_Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdWV_Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdWV_Tacoma is a splendid one to behold
WV_Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Amplifier recommendations

2005 Taco 4dr

I have 2 audiobohn amps.....1 broke. I am thinking of replacing both. Tons of sony's, foshgates on ebay for around 40-150$...

What amps do you guys recommend?
(I don't want more cheap equipment)

1-10" kicker sub in rear
6" components in the doors
Old 10-03-2009, 08:20 PM   #2
WV_Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdWV_Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdWV_Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdWV_Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdWV_Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdWV_Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdWV_Tacoma is a splendid one to behold
Take a look at this Sony 600wt 4ch for 40$ ???? man that seems cheap...But is it anygood for the 4-6" components?
Old 10-03-2009, 10:26 PM   #3
1/2 man 1/2 amazing
sooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: A A Ron
sooner07's Tacoma Gallery
There is a difference between cheap and a good price.

What is your budget?
Old 10-04-2009, 01:46 PM   #4
wmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant future

Name: Wes
wmflyfisher's Tacoma Gallery
Alpine is pretty good bang for the buck. Also look at pioneer premier.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:47 PM   #5
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
love my pioneer premier at 400 its a little pricey
Old 10-04-2009, 02:06 PM   #6
itsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to all

itsmyturn's Tacoma Gallery
not trying to hijack but i have too matching fosgate's for sale.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:07 PM   #7
My R6 Eats Me
AlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
AlexForbesR6's Tacoma Gallery
alpine pdx for the speakers!!
Old 10-04-2009, 02:14 PM   #8
Howard Roark
Gossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud of

Gossamer's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought two PPI art series amps for $225 on craigslist...can't beat old great power.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:07 PM   #9
Budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner07 View Post
There is a difference between cheap and a good price.

What is your budget?
Don't have a budget as long as I get $$ worth...

I just want good crisp sound. I have 1-10" kicker sub and 4-6" component speakers in doors... EClipse 6620 HU....

I don't want anything competition just good clean sound!
Old 10-04-2009, 08:00 PM   #10
Raney08 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: 341 Civil Engineering
Raney08's Tacoma Gallery
If you are trying to save on space you might want to try the new kappa series amps from infinity. I have a kappa four on my mids and highs and a kappa one on 2 pioneer premier 12's. Both of these amps are worth it in my opinion. These amps fit under the back seats in the small compartment.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:13 PM   #11
jwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of light

Name: JW
jwhelan's Tacoma Gallery
Always been a fan of Rockford Phosgate myself
Old 10-04-2009, 08:31 PM   #12
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
I have no issues with the Xplode amp I have now, but my Kenwood sounded better with my Infinitys. Xplode has more power out, but the Kenwood stayed cleaner at higher levels. Wish I'd never sold it.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:30 PM   #13
Thanks for your input guys. I have been reading up on all of them. My gut says go with the Rockford............But i got a really cool ALPINE PDX 5 channel....Works for all 5 speakers and fits under the seat.....Hope i am not disappointed....I know them Foshgates would haeve been nice
Old 10-05-2009, 09:50 AM   #14
1/2 man 1/2 amazing
sooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: A A Ron
sooner07's Tacoma Gallery
I'd lean to the Alpine amp over the RF's.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:12 AM   #15
ElPhantasmo&TheChickenRunBlastarama
rutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud of
rutherk1's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to rutherk1
Over the years I have tried a new different brands. Alpines are good values and can really take a beating.

I have an Alpine MRV series amp that still works to this day and has totally been abused.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:42 AM   #16
Good to hear about the Alpines. I ordered ALPINE PDX 5 channel supper small amp!!! I am very excited to put everything in one sml amp under one seat....375$ on Ebay
Old 10-12-2009, 04:40 PM   #17
Alpine PDX5 Installed. I put it under the pass seat. I like it, compact and has more power then I will use.

I dialed it in by ear today....Is the Sound test DVD worth gettting?
Attached Thumbnails
Amplifier recommendations-dsc00861.jpg