1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ipods

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by RDAY, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Oct 10, 2009 at 9:18 AM
    RDAY

RDAY [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    NY
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    I have tried searching for these but don't know enough about them or what to search for i am picking up a kenwood 5120 and want an ipod to hook up to it but what can I do besides music with it which one is a good all around ipod are they all basically the same. And which cable do i need in order to hook it to the kenwood?
    Thanks Guys

2. Oct 10, 2009 at 9:33 AM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    i prefer the ipod classic..nice big screen, lots of room(the one I have is 80 gig and can hold like 2,000 songs with video and pictures)

Any time I install a radio with ipod capabilites, I prefer to use monster cables..There a bit expensive($30) but well worth it.

[​IMG]

3. Oct 10, 2009 at 9:44 AM
    mas32259

mas32259 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    NEPA
    Vehicle:
    2010 SR5 TRD Sport
    TRD short throw shifter, Eibach 1.6" lift coils 5100's on all corners, Ipod interface, Painted engine cover, radiator cover, skid plate, speaker grills overhead console, and added carbon fiber and chrome interior trim (Too much cheap plastic) TRD cat back, LED 3rd brake light. 100 lbs of sound deadner. Infinity ref. 6 1/2 all around. OBX pedals and shifter. DTRL mod, Alt. turn signal mod, LED's in glove box and console, LED's under dash lip and back A/C vent,Weather Tech mats. Took off antenea for wind noise

4 Gig nano is plenty for me 8 Gig is better yet. It depends on what you prefer. It holds lots of music movies pics. If you rip cd's use high bit rate.Crutchfield has all the info you need about cables. I am not saying you should buy from them just check there. It takes a while to fill an Ipod and there are settings for bass and equlizer, and sound level controls for each song using Itunes. It is all I listen to. Make sure the cable is real time and uses the head unit script and scrolling as well as controls.

4. Oct 10, 2009 at 10:55 AM
    itsmyturn

itsmyturn Well-Known Member

Member:
    Victorville, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 dbl cab TRD sport
    afe Pro-Dry S dropin, Readylift leveling kit, TRD skid plate, Alpine CDA-9887, 6K D2S HID
    if youre using the kenwood, pick up kenwood's cable. that will allow direct control of the ipod. model of ipod is up to you. do you love music or have a large cd collection, then get an ipod classic(that's what i use-4462 songs and counting). do you want extremely portibility or work out to your music, then get the ipod nano. want games and apps, then get the ipod touch. just stay away from the shuffle,

5. Oct 10, 2009 at 6:16 PM
    jtav2002

jtav2002 Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    I have an 8 gig nano. Works for me. Haven't been using it really since I got the Taco though. I was spoiled in my previous car with the D3 I had in there with the full ipod control. Hate having it hooked up to the aux input. Probably eventually get the ipod thing for the stock radio.

6. Oct 10, 2009 at 9:23 PM
    RDAY

RDAY [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    NY
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    looks like im gonna look into the classic thanks guys

7. Oct 10, 2009 at 9:35 PM
    BigBawlzTaco

BigBawlzTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    2019 Toyota Tacoma SR
    I like the classics.
    Mine went through alot of punishment too and its still holding up.
    and the big screen is good if you dont have such good eyesight.

Products Discussed in

To Top