1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Question about a crossover

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by rzimm001, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Oct 14, 2009 at 10:30 AM
    rzimm001

rzimm001 [OP] Tearmytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Wildomar
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 Long-Travel
    King 10" coilovers w/ resi. 3.5" over long travel kit. Factory spindles w/ ALLPRO gussets. Total Chaos tower gussets. Energy Poly cab mounts and steering rack mounts. Glassworks fenders and bedsides. Home fabbed bed cage. King 2.5x16 bypass shocks in the rear. DMZ long travel rear end. Race radio (2meter). Removed secondary carbon air filter. Exhaust dumped before the axle / no muffler. Phram fresh air cabin filter. K&N replacement filter, After market stereo, Grillcraft grill, custom fabled roof rack with 7" HID's, PRP race seats.
    It's been raining in So Cal and my infinity component speaker in the drivers side door is glitching on and off. The crossover is small and mounted inside the door. I put a rubber balloon around it when I installed it but the ballon raughted. I think moisture is getting inside of the crossover. Anybody ever tried coating a circuit board in epoxy or silicon sealant? Sounds like a great idea. Any suggestions or alternatives? Thanks

Bobby

2. Oct 14, 2009 at 11:01 AM
    Gossamer

Gossamer Howard Roark

Member:
    West of Illinois and East of Nebraska

I've not tried doing that but i was amazed at how much water gets into our doors! when I removed the panels and the moisture barrier to mat the inside of the door, there was actually standing water in the corners. they're greased up pretty good to keep from rusting but it's no wonder cars rust from the inside out if thats how porous they are.

good luck with the idea...hopefully my crossovers won't have the same thing happen!

3. Oct 14, 2009 at 11:04 AM
    rzimm001

rzimm001 [OP] Tearmytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Wildomar
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 Long-Travel
    King 10" coilovers w/ resi. 3.5" over long travel kit. Factory spindles w/ ALLPRO gussets. Total Chaos tower gussets. Energy Poly cab mounts and steering rack mounts. Glassworks fenders and bedsides. Home fabbed bed cage. King 2.5x16 bypass shocks in the rear. DMZ long travel rear end. Race radio (2meter). Removed secondary carbon air filter. Exhaust dumped before the axle / no muffler. Phram fresh air cabin filter. K&N replacement filter, After market stereo, Grillcraft grill, custom fabled roof rack with 7" HID's, PRP race seats.
    No kidding! Well its definitely a problem for me so I'm just debating whether to bag it with sandwich baggies or to drench it in some sort of sealant. Hopefully someone with an eletronics back ground can chime in....

Products Discussed in

To Top