Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Mobile Audio solution: Bluetooth? or AUX adapter?

Old 02-12-2008, 10:02 AM   #1
healthylaugh is on a distinguished road
healthylaugh's Tacoma Gallery
Question Mobile Audio solution: Bluetooth? or AUX adapter?

1) I've tried the Softick Audio Gateway w/ my Palm Treo 700p and it works well for streaming Bluetooth stereo via A2DP (dogpile "A2DP" if you aren't familiar--basically, it's stereo via Bluetooth).

2) I use it in the house w/ an Altec Lansing T515 Bluetooth® Headset System

http://alteclansing.com/index.php?fi...iproduct_id=69

or

http://store.palm.com/product/index....ductId=2785915

QUESTION:

I would like to see if anyone knows how to adapt my 2006 Toyota Tacoma stock radio w/Audio Config: 6 speaker non-JBL & steering controls for either:

A.) An inexpensive AUX input adapter (I paid $100 for the USA-SPEC PA12TOY Toyota iPod Adapter and I'm thinking I don't really want to buy an iPod and this is overkill for an AUX input)

B.) BEST SOLUTION: A Bluetooth adapter for my head unit (stock radio) so I can stream wirelessly using the new A2DP capability of my Treo 700p (I think I could use my radio as a hands free mobile speakerphone, too, in this case, which would be an additional benefit for sure).

This technology is changing daily and I'd rather not have to change my entire radio or spend $100 just to get an AUX jack that includes a ton of wire fumbling. So a reasonable Bluetooth solution would be best!

Thanks in Advance...
Old 04-01-2008, 07:51 PM   #2
healthylaugh is on a distinguished road
healthylaugh's Tacoma Gallery
Just trying to prompt the thread, folks, as we seem stymied here.

Anyone seen any advancements on the bluetooth front--a module that would insert into the CD Changer input on the rear of our stock Tacoma radios that would act as a Bluetooth receiver for both streaming audio (A2DP) and a hands free cell phone solution?

I know it's coming and I keep looking!
Old 05-29-2009, 12:15 PM   #3
av_boy is on a distinguished road
av_boy's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone know of a such a solution? (I want one too!) I have a 2007 Tacoma with JBL Audio.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:50 AM   #4
CCRT is on a distinguished road
CCRT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthylaugh View Post
1) I've tried the Softick Audio Gateway w/ my Palm Treo 700p and it works well for streaming Bluetooth stereo via A2DP (dogpile "A2DP" if you aren't familiar--basically, it's stereo via Bluetooth).

2) I use it in the house w/ an Altec Lansing T515 Bluetooth® Headset System

http://alteclansing.com/index.php?fi...iproduct_id=69

or

http://store.palm.com/product/index....ductId=2785915

QUESTION:

I would like to see if anyone knows how to adapt my 2006 Toyota Tacoma stock radio w/Audio Config: 6 speaker non-JBL & steering controls for either:

A.) An inexpensive AUX input adapter (I paid $100 for the USA-SPEC PA12TOY Toyota iPod Adapter and I'm thinking I don't really want to buy an iPod and this is overkill for an AUX input)

B.) BEST SOLUTION: A Bluetooth adapter for my head unit (stock radio) so I can stream wirelessly using the new A2DP capability of my Treo 700p (I think I could use my radio as a hands free mobile speakerphone, too, in this case, which would be an additional benefit for sure).

This technology is changing daily and I'd rather not have to change my entire radio or spend $100 just to get an AUX jack that includes a ton of wire fumbling. So a reasonable Bluetooth solution would be best!

Thanks in Advance...
Has anybody found a solution to this issue?

I'm in the same position and want an AUX to attach a Bluetooth adapter to.

Thanks
Old 12-29-2012, 11:18 AM   #5
blahablaha is on a distinguished road
Name: Father
blahablaha's Tacoma Gallery
Bluetooth adapters for 2nd gen Tacoma

Any progress on this issue? I'm note hopeful about the prospect of my new iPad interfacing with an old USA spec 30-pin adapter. Hoping to replace it with something that will let me play music over bluetooth.