1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Aftermarket HU... eliminate JBL system?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by stringah, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Nov 8, 2009 at 1:29 PM
    stringah

stringah [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Kaneohe, HI
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner Sport
    I am trying to figure out the best and most affordable option to installing a aftermarket deck in my '08 DC. I have the JBL system and I was leaning towards eliminating the stock JBL amp and run my own amp to power the door speakers.
    My question is... would I still need to get the wiring harness for a JBL system ($100+) or will a non-JBL harness work just fine? I am not sure if the vital harness plugs just for the power,ground, and speaker wires are exactly the same between the JBL and non-JBL systems.

2. Nov 8, 2009 at 6:06 PM
    sooner07

sooner07 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.
    My personal preference is to bypass everything that is stock. This is mostly so that I can have the most control over the system.

3. Nov 24, 2009 at 9:22 PM
    azTRD

azTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hey Stringah,

Have you found an answer to your question yet? I've been all over every forum and google with no straight answer to your question. I spoke with a Crutchfield tech and some young kid at Fry Electronics and they had no idea.

It seems silly to buy the JBL harness if your not using the JBL system anymore.

Does anyone know what harness you NEED to purchase for a truck that came with the JBL system, but will be using aftermarket HU, amps, and speakers?

Thanks!

Products Discussed in

To Top