Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

More Audio upgrade questions

Old 11-12-2009, 03:48 PM   #1
Canadian Sales Rep
jonny_toyota will become famous soon enoughjonny_toyota will become famous soon enough

Name: JONNY
jonny_toyota's Tacoma Gallery
Question More Audio upgrade questions

Q: Will my steering wheel audio controls still work if I buy an aftermarket double-din LCD in dash DVD/NAV system?

Q: Will I still be able to operate my dealer installed XM radio through an aftermarket system if it has a Satelite output?

Q: Should I replace factory front door speakers with components, or leave the factory tweeter and just get a new speaker?

Q: 5 1/4 or 6 1/2 ?
Old 11-12-2009, 04:12 PM   #2
The StormTrooper
TightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TightShirts
TightShirts's Tacoma Gallery
search the site... all of these have been answered before
Old 11-12-2009, 05:05 PM   #3
Yamaha
Canadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to all

Name: Mike
Canadian Max's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny_toyota View Post
Q: Will my steering wheel audio controls still work if I buy an aftermarket double-din LCD in dash DVD/NAV system?

Q: Will I still be able to operate my dealer installed XM radio through an aftermarket system if it has a Satelite output?

Q: Should I replace factory front door speakers with components, or leave the factory tweeter and just get a new speaker?

Q: 5 1/4 or 6 1/2 ?
Hey Jonny, I'm also looking to upgrade to a Double din and doing some research. Loads of posts on the subject.. What deck are you planning to upgrade to?
I understand that the eclipse is the only deck that the factory steering wheel controls will mate to plug and play, Unless you buy a Pac control unit interface.
I would try out the stock speakers before I upgrade them, a few people have stated the sound really improved with the upgraded deck, it's up to your ears.
Not sure on the size or your xm question.
I'm thinking about the kenwood 8120 along with a pac, and I'm on the fence with a scosche dash kit. I won't be upgrading my speakers this year.
Post up your findings and pics of your mods when you get a chance.