1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

More Audio upgrade questions

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by jonny_toyota, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Nov 12, 2009 at 3:48 PM
    jonny_toyota

jonny_toyota [OP] Taco Sales Guy

Member:
    First Name:
    JON
    Guelph, ON
    Vehicle:
    Magnetic Grey 4X4 4cyl. SR5 Power Package
    Toyota running boards, soft-folding tanneau cover, hood deflector, box cargo net, Weathertech Tray Type Floor Liners, XM Radio, bluetooth, Eclipse AVN726E, IV DrawTite Hitch, 16x8 Moto Metal 951 Chrome with 265/70R16 BF GOODRICH A/T K/O, READYLIFT 2.25" Front Leveling kit, Toyota Assessory Skid Plate, Front doors tinted, 10" Alpine Type R in a DIY down firing sub box powered by a Alpine V12 MRVT502.
    Q: Will my steering wheel audio controls still work if I buy an aftermarket double-din LCD in dash DVD/NAV system?

Q: Will I still be able to operate my dealer installed XM radio through an aftermarket system if it has a Satelite output?

Q: Should I replace factory front door speakers with components, or leave the factory tweeter and just get a new speaker?

Q: 5 1/4 or 6 1/2 ?

2. Nov 12, 2009 at 4:12 PM
    TightShirts

TightShirts The StormTrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    TightShirts
    Phoenix... The Land of Lifted Trucks & Dirty Sluts
    Vehicle:
    08 Rugged Trail Ed
    Tint, Clear Bra, De-badged, In-Dash DVD, 09 Led Tail Lights, Chris4x4's old OME front shocks, 1.5" Deaver AAL with OME n182s, black billet in white sport grill, BHLM w/4500k HIDs + Fogs, bumper blackout
    search the site... all of these have been answered before

3. Nov 12, 2009 at 5:05 PM
    Canadian Max

Canadian Max Yamaha

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    In the Garage
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD 4X4
    2010 TRD Sport 4 door Speedway Blue 4" Nerf Bars Vent visors Weathertechs Mats Hella 500 HID Mod Bull Bar Devil Horns Eclipse AVN 726E Energy Speakers
    Hey Jonny, I'm also looking to upgrade to a Double din and doing some research. Loads of posts on the subject.. What deck are you planning to upgrade to?
    I understand that the eclipse is the only deck that the factory steering wheel controls will mate to plug and play, Unless you buy a Pac control unit interface.
    I would try out the stock speakers before I upgrade them, a few people have stated the sound really improved with the upgraded deck, it's up to your ears.
    Not sure on the size or your xm question.
    I'm thinking about the kenwood 8120 along with a pac, and I'm on the fence with a scosche dash kit. I won't be upgrading my speakers this year.
    Post up your findings and pics of your mods when you get a chance.

Products Discussed in

To Top