Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Where would you buy an In-Dash DVD?

Old 11-21-2009, 07:36 PM   #1
invisionz111 has a spectacular aura aboutinvisionz111 has a spectacular aura about

Army:
invisionz111's Tacoma Gallery
Where would you buy an In-Dash DVD?

Deals are always changing and the best place today may not be the best place tomorrow to buy an In-Dash DVD. If you were to buy yours today where would you get it from, too include fit kits, etc... Multiple vendors are okay.

In addition to where you would buy, I am also interested in why you like yours and if not what would you get? What I have in mind is a JVC, Pioneer or Kenwood. I prefer bluetooth and iPod control from the head unit; I don't need navigation.
Old 11-21-2009, 08:59 PM   #2
Dealer/Sales Rep for Sundown Audio.
atsaubrey is just really niceatsaubrey is just really niceatsaubrey is just really niceatsaubrey is just really niceatsaubrey is just really nice
atsaubrey's Tacoma Gallery
I have had really good luck with Woofers, Sonix and Millionbuy. All are "local" and usually have product in hand in 1 day. Warranty, dont care to go that route.....there is none no matter what they say.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:04 PM   #3
invisionz111 has a spectacular aura aboutinvisionz111 has a spectacular aura about

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsaubrey View Post
I have had really good luck with Woofers, Sonix and Millionbuy. All are "local" and usually have product in hand in 1 day. Warranty, dont care to go that route.....there is none no matter what they say.
thanks, I am going to check into these sites.

What system are you rockin'?
Old 11-23-2009, 07:40 AM   #4
Dealer/Sales Rep for Sundown Audio.
atsaubrey is just really niceatsaubrey is just really niceatsaubrey is just really niceatsaubrey is just really niceatsaubrey is just really nice
atsaubrey's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on what you consider rockin. lol I actually really like tweaking the truck because the system is so simple yet sounds pretty dang good.

Tacoma:
Pioneer 800PRS
Sundown Audio 100.4 (midbass)
Sundown Audio 1500D (subs)
Aura Force 250 (tweets)
Image Dynamics XS69 component set
2-10" Image Dynamics IDQv2
150ft Second Skin deadener.

Chrysler 300 competition car:
Clarion DRZ9255
2 Audison BitOnes
ARC Audio SE2300 (subs)
ARC Audio SE 4200 (horns)
ARC Audio SE4200 (midbass)
ARC Audio SE4200 (super tweets/Rearfill)
Fostex T90-A tweets
Image Dynamics CD2 horns
Image Dynamics XS69 midbass
Image Dynamics 12" IDQv3 (2)
BatCap 2000 (3)
BatCap Powerpack
All Monster Cable wiring
400+ ft of Second Skin deadening
SAVV screens.
I am sure I am forgetting alot.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:06 PM   #6

Army:
What and where I bought my DVD stereo from:

I finally settled on a Kenwood DNX-9140 and I bought it from this ebay seller
I would recommend this seller, great feedback, he has sold many units, ships via FedEx (FREE) that requires direct signature, had the best price anywhere, hands down!

The item was exactly as described, brand new.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:10 PM   #7
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Ask Benca1. He has a pretty awesome setup in his truck and is into all that audio stuff.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:23 PM   #8
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
www.crutchfield.com

they give you (FREE!) an installation kit and detailed instructions with just about any audio/video unit. follow the webpage to select your vehicle and they make sure you have everything you need.
i got a receiver from them a few years ago, no complaints.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:39 PM   #9
got_titan is just really nicegot_titan is just really nicegot_titan is just really nicegot_titan is just really nice
got_titan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by invisionz111 View Post
What and where I bought my DVD stereo from:

I finally settled on a Kenwood DNX-9140 and I bought it from this ebay seller
I would recommend this seller, great feedback, he has sold many units, ships via FedEx (FREE) that requires direct signature, had the best price anywhere, hands down!

The item was exactly as described, brand new.

just purchased a dnx6960 from this seller and he shipped in 2 days and product was new as described. best price i could find anywhere...i love crutchfield for the customer service and the free stuff they give you but they were 300 higher on this unit....i got the mounting kit and harness from amazon for 22 shipped....
Old 03-25-2010, 08:07 AM   #10
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
As long as the online site is a Authorized Dealer then you shouldn't have a problem.