1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

JL Audio Subwoofer Gurus: please help me!

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Rocky Truck, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Feb 24, 2008 at 7:54 PM
    Rocky Truck

Rocky Truck [OP] Proud Confederate

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 4X4 6-Speed TRD Offroad Package
    Just installed a 10W3V3 in a custom box behind the console. It's hooked up to the JL 250\1 monobloc amp (NICE!)

What are the preferred Hz filter setting and the preferred gain setting for the amp?

Thanks!

-Chris

2. Feb 24, 2008 at 8:53 PM
    PatheticJoe

PatheticJoe Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 TRD Sport - Access Cab
    I find this all depends on your music and you own preferences. Keep a small screwdriver in the truck so you can change it as you need to. To start I recommend setting the x-over to 100 Hz then turn the radio on and keep adding gain till it sounds good on one song then listen to a few more and just tweak it till it sounds just the way you want. Leave it that way for a few days and if it doesn't sound just the way you want adjust the x-over or the gain. Keep changing still its as close to perfect FOR YOU.

3. Feb 24, 2008 at 9:54 PM
    Rocky Truck

Rocky Truck [OP] Proud Confederate

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 4X4 6-Speed TRD Offroad Package
    Joe-

OK, how about the settings on the head unit such ass bass level + or - (1-10) and subwoofer level + or - (0-15)

thanks bud
    -chris

4. Feb 25, 2008 at 12:11 AM
    Lav

Lav Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner TRD Sport
    Pioneer AVIC-D3
    honestly, just put the gain up to 3/4 the way up or a little more than that. just don't turn the gain up all the way. you don't wanna put that small amp on a work overload. the Hz, keep them low but tune it to where it sounds good. with the amp on almost full gain, use your deck to adjust the bass. this method of turning your amp up and using the deck to control it is easier to maintain that perfect sound with out pulling over, grabbing your screw driver and tweaking it constantly. another tip, keep your bass on the deck low cause that controls all speakers to give out bass. use the subwoofer level on the deck to adjust the amount of bass you want on the W3. the subwoofer level adjusts the power, just like the gain on the amp.

5. Feb 25, 2008 at 6:43 AM
    PatheticJoe

PatheticJoe Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 TRD Sport - Access Cab
    I basically agree. I dial in the sub the best I can over a week span with the screwdriver leaving the headunit at low settings. Then when music plays thats lacking I can just bump it up with the headunit. To prevent it from affecting my mids I tyoically use the subwoofer setting for this. Still, in the end, keep tryin things till you're happy with it.

Products Discussed in

To Top