Notices

sound deadening

Old 12-06-2009, 09:06 PM   #1
Colinwoods84 is on a distinguished road
Navy: Aviation Electricians Mate/Sikorsky H-60s
Colinwoods84's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Colinwoods84
sound deadening

Just wanted to let people know that I purchased a product from home depot called Peel N' Seal, dont know if its been posted but actually did work alright. You can play with it and see what you think. I was not going to pay all that money for top notch but this at 20$ a roll worked well enough for me. Check it out.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:50 AM   #2
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colinwoods84 View Post
Just wanted to let people know that I purchased a product from home depot called Peel N' Seal, dont know if its been posted but actually did work alright. You can play with it and see what you think. I was not going to pay all that money for top notch but this at 20$ a roll worked well enough for me. Check it out.
I respect the innovation but peel n' seal is HORRIBLE as a sound deadener. It's asphalt (like the road) based. This means two things. It will likely smell in your car and when it gets hot during the summer it will melt off. It's not a good product to use.

If you want to deaden but do it cheaply why not get the good stuff but just don't do the whole car? The most important area is the doors BY FAR.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:16 AM   #3
Dealer/Sales Rep for Sundown Audio.
atsaubrey is just really niceatsaubrey is just really niceatsaubrey is just really niceatsaubrey is just really niceatsaubrey is just really nice
atsaubrey's Tacoma Gallery
Peel'n'seal is definately a no no! Nasty stuff like the previous poster mentioned.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:56 PM   #4
1/2 man 1/2 amazing
sooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: A A Ron
sooner07's Tacoma Gallery
I'll say it works in a pinch. But, with the opening up of the sound deadener market, there are much better choices for not much more money. Raammat or other similar products have a much better adhesion and virtually zero odor, not to mention being more effective as a deadening material.