Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

TacoTunes

Old 03-03-2008, 07:25 AM   #1
ElPhantasmo&TheChickenRunBlastarama
rutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud of
rutherk1's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to rutherk1
TacoTunes

Greetings. I ordered some stuff from TacoTunes after seeing a couple people around the forums with their box and speaker adapter rings. They look like they offer a good product.

I placed an order but then noticed they have no phone number. After a quick google search I found some unhappy customers.

Anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:39 AM   #2
Towing Guru
maverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

maverick491's Tacoma Gallery
Other than the fact that the bolts that they included with my kit were not correct for the access cab rear doors, I have no complaints with them. Everything arrived in one package, in less than 4 days, and with the exception of 6 bolts it was all correct.

If you are happy with what crutchfield tells you will fit, then you can probably do better with them than with tacotunes, but if you want speakers that crutchfield says you can't have or you already picked speakers out then you would be hard pressed to beat tacotunes.

my $0.02
Old 03-03-2008, 07:42 AM   #3
rutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick491 View Post
Other than the fact that the bolts that they included with my kit were not correct for the access cab rear doors, I have no complaints with them. Everything arrived in one package, in less than 4 days, and with the exception of 6 bolts it was all correct.

If you are happy with what crutchfield tells you will fit, then you can probably do better with them than with tacotunes, but if you want speakers that crutchfield says you can't have or you already picked speakers out then you would be hard pressed to beat tacotunes.

my $0.02
Thanks for the reply Maverick.

I really like their lineX box and adaptor kits. The flimsey speaker adaptors that Crutchfield sends out aren't very good.

Thanks again for the somewhat reassuring post. Buying online is often hit or miss and I tend to be somewhat over trusting.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:42 PM   #4
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rutherk1 View Post
Greetings. I ordered some stuff from TacoTunes after seeing a couple people around the forums with their box and speaker adapter rings. They look like they offer a good product.

I placed an order but then noticed they have no phone number. After a quick google search I found some unhappy customers.

Anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks.
I was not a real happy customer do to some issues. Mainly wrong length or thread on the mounting bolts and quality control on one of the mounts, ect. Pretty pricey too. They did finally get back to me and gave me a very fair refund on the returned part of the order. I hear that their dash kits are very high quality. I just replaced speakers and not the head unit. Your call.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:11 AM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4x4trd View Post
I was not a real happy customer do to some issues. Mainly wrong length or thread on the mounting bolts and quality control on one of the mounts, ect. Pretty pricey too. They did finally get back to me and gave me a very fair refund on the returned part of the order. I hear that their dash kits are very high quality. I just replaced speakers and not the head unit. Your call.
I'll keep my fingers crossed. Hopefully I will receive my order because I have already been billed. I have received no other confirmation from anyone.

Thanks for the replys. Sounds like its a legit besiness.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:11 AM   #6
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rutherk1 View Post
I'll keep my fingers crossed. Hopefully I will receive my order because I have already been billed. I have received no other confirmation from anyone.

Thanks for the replys. Sounds like its a legit besiness.
I think it is a legit side business trying to stay up and running. If they get the quality control straight it would be great. Their shipping is very fast and they did work with me on my issues and a refund. They are a little slow returning e-mail. I don't believe I'll be dealing with any business that doesn't have a phone number in the future though.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:20 AM   #7
Toycoma06 will become famous soon enoughToycoma06 will become famous soon enough

Toycoma06's Tacoma Gallery
Hey rutherk1,
I have ordered from TacoTunes also and had fast shipping and everything arrived in one piece.The door mounts are great and good quality. The only complaint i have was the bolt kit. For starters the front bolts in my opinion were not long enough. The rear bolts were the wrong thread but all you have to do is be a little forceful and they make new threads in the plastic clip. All in all had a good experience hope yours is as well !!!
Old 03-04-2008, 08:22 AM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toycoma06 View Post
Hey rutherk1,
I have ordered from TacoTunes also and had fast shipping and everything arrived in one piece.The door mounts are great and good quality. The only complaint i have was the bolt kit. For starters the front bolts in my opinion were not long enough. The rear bolts were the wrong thread but all you have to do is be a little forceful and they make new threads in the plastic clip. All in all had a good experience hope yours is as well !!!
Cool. They got back to me and are shipping out today.

Sounds like they just may be a little understaffed. No worries. I can understand that.