Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

speaker questions.....

Old 03-04-2008, 04:32 AM   #1
richie822 is on a distinguished road
richie822's Tacoma Gallery
speaker questions.....

i was just wondering if anyone knows or is currently running an infinity Kappa 693.7i or the infinity kappa 692.7i 6x9 speakers in their tacoma? I plan on upgrading my stock speakers but dont plan on getting subs later on....was wondering if they fit, and if they do how do people like them, or what else wuold you recommend? I want some nice highs as well as decent bass b/c i wont be getting subs to go along with them. I do plan on adding an amp to them later on though. Any suggestions or info on this wuold be greatly appreciated
Old 03-04-2008, 03:13 PM   #2
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
The 693.7i Kappas fit in the front doors only. I have some that just got here. Im just waiting on my taco tunes mounts. like any quality speakers though, you dont get the full effect without a proper amp.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:05 PM   #3
richie822 is on a distinguished road
richie822's Tacoma Gallery
do you know if they have decent bass.....i am not trying to get rolled by cops or bother my neighbors but i do want a full rounded speaker since i do not plan on adding a sub in the future, just an amp. i was also looking at the polk audio momo mmc 690 as well....between those i was wondering what others thought of them both and which they would recommend if not purchasing subs....plan on adding an alpine mrp-f450 amp
Old 03-04-2008, 05:09 PM   #4
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonKs View Post
Im just waiting on my taco tunes mounts.
Could you do me a favor when your mounts arrive? I want to make my own speaker mounts and can get my material ordered and cut without having to take the doors apart twice from pictures I've seen if someone can give me a measurement of the diameter of the hole in the tacotune mount. A reading with a caliper would be fantastic but a good ruler or tape measurement should be close enough.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:39 PM   #5
semper000 is on a distinguished road
semper000's Tacoma Gallery
I've been wondering myself if there are templates around for making the door mounts. I think making a set from MDF wouldn't be to difficult providing there are some measured template plans to go from.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:01 PM   #6
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
When they get here I will see what I can do.

Ted