1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

This week's Install

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Zizo, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Dec 21, 2009 at 6:47 AM
    Zizo

Zizo [OP] Engineer Extraordinaire

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    '06 DoubleCab 4x4 TRD Sport
    TRD Supercharger, 3" lift w/ Fox Shox, Pioneer Sound System, Remote Start, Avid Off Road Bumpers, All Pro Sliders, LED light bar, HID headlights, much more...
    I'm sure this has been beaten to death, but I need opinions. I bought 36 sq. ft. of dynamat to do my doublecab this week. I am installing new speakers, 2 amps, and 2 subs. I was planning on laying it on the inner panel of the doors and behind the rear seats/subs. But then I figured I could do the outer and ineer doors and nothing behind the subs. Now that I'm thinking, 36 sq. ft. may be too little for inner/outer doors AND the rear behind the subs. Is it necessary by the subwoofers? I was thnking it would have better results by doing the doors in and out. the subs have the MDF box to insulate plus seats on top of them. Any suggestions???

2. Dec 21, 2009 at 6:58 AM
    Ocean's

Ocean's Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hi Anthony!

Your Dynamat dealer should tell you How much to buy and where to put it... Metaphorically speaking of course...Hahah

But it's really subjective. If you don't use enough, then you will hear rattles, and have to open her up again.

It would be a good idea to read this:

http://www.raamaudio.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=51&Itemid=56

Rick sells Same stuff as Dynamat, but a whole lot cheaper.

Good luck

3. Dec 21, 2009 at 7:11 AM
    hendooman

hendooman The Stroker Ace

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    KC
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma OR (SOLD); 2015 TRD PRO 4Runner
    Toytec TRD PRO LIFT with 1.5 SAW in rear, 255 Coopers, Baja Rack, Southern Style Front Bumper, Warn Wireless Winch, DeMello Sliders.
    36 sq feet is not that much once you start installing it. Probably enough to get the doors done. I would concentrate on them first and do the inner and outer skins. That way you won't need to get into them again. You could always go back and do the rear panels if you are getting some rattling from the subs. I did all 4 of my doors inside and out, and it made a huge difference. When I shut the door it is a nice solid thud. I am still running the factory HU but did upgrade the 4 door speakers, I think the Rammmat helps a lot in the improved sound. Not great with the factory HU, but definitely better than the stock speakers. Also get ready to laugh when you see the stock speakers in the doors...what a joke.

Products Discussed in

To Top