Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

How do I tell whether I have the stock JBL system?

Old 12-22-2009, 04:09 PM   #1
mts is on a distinguished road
mts's Tacoma Gallery
How do I tell whether I have the stock JBL system?

I hate to be a complete idiot, but I just bought my Taco used and how do I tell whether I have the stock JBL system? It sounds kind of crappy and doesn't have JBL on it anywhere so I assume it isn't the JBL system, but what would confirm this for me? I want to replace the head unit soon and crutchfield.com asks what kind of stock system it is (I assume to provide the right wiring harness).

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:18 PM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
the stock face should say JBL on it...and there should be a sub behind the rear passenger seat, IIRC...those are the two easiest ways aside from removing the doors to look at the speakers
Old 12-22-2009, 04:20 PM   #3
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFGator View Post
I have the stock non-JBL system (for now) and there are no JBL markings on it. I think since Toyota pimps the JBL it would be marked in plain sight. Just a guess. BTW the stock system blows as in POS.
i replaced the HU in the taco's i've had w/ the older pioneer n-1 that i got for cheap and it makes a HUGE difference and i havent replaced any speakers. not to mention now i get to watch movies while i cruise i95