1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Where Did You Put Your Aftermarket Radio Accessories?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by NeoMoose, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Dec 23, 2009 at 8:31 AM
    NeoMoose

NeoMoose [OP] Possibly Batman

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner DC TRD O.R.
    Kenwood eXcelon X993, Kenwood KFC-1693PS (Front), Kenwood KFC-G1620 (Rear), Luverne Black Nerf Bars, OEM Brush Guard, AFE Pro Dry S Drop-In, Some kickass wheel locks, Removed front mud flaps, All windows tinted, Anti-theft tailgate mod
    My plans are coming together, now here's another question

So where did you mount your little boxes that let you add HD Radio/XM/Sirius/Ipod/Bluetooth/Navigation to your truck so that you could wire them into your aftermarket stereo?

2. Dec 23, 2009 at 8:42 AM
    trtripoli

trtripoli lower management

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 4,0 L, 6M, Dbl Cab, TRD Off Road
    Eclipse AVN6620 JL 500/1 amp JL 13TW5 sub JL 300/4 JL XR-650CSi Mr Marv Box Blu tooth XM radio Back Up camera, RAAMmat and Ensolite everywhere but ceiling
    In the center council, behind the glove compartment, or in front of the shifter under storage area.

I mounted the iPod radio adapter under center council so it was easy to run the cable for the iPod through storage bin.
    Blue tooth is in middle under the in front of the shifter under the storage area easy to run microphone and bluetooth buttons from here.
    And I mounted the XM behind the glove compartment, so I could run the antenna wire easily underneath the dash.

I don't like mounting stuff where it can be interfered with by feet or hands, i.e. under the seat.

3. Dec 23, 2009 at 8:45 AM
    NeoMoose

NeoMoose [OP] Possibly Batman

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner DC TRD O.R.
    Kenwood eXcelon X993, Kenwood KFC-1693PS (Front), Kenwood KFC-G1620 (Rear), Luverne Black Nerf Bars, OEM Brush Guard, AFE Pro Dry S Drop-In, Some kickass wheel locks, Removed front mud flaps, All windows tinted, Anti-theft tailgate mod
    You and I think alike. That's exactly the kind of stuff I am hoping to accomplish. All I think I am putting in is a Satellite Radio box, so I just need one good spot behind the dash, but I might add Nav in the future.

4. Dec 23, 2009 at 9:27 AM
    trtripoli

trtripoli lower management

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 4,0 L, 6M, Dbl Cab, TRD Off Road
    Eclipse AVN6620 JL 500/1 amp JL 13TW5 sub JL 300/4 JL XR-650CSi Mr Marv Box Blu tooth XM radio Back Up camera, RAAMmat and Ensolite everywhere but ceiling
    Probably be easiest behind the glove compartment then. It's easy to access when you need to and easy to run wires. Just ziptie it in place so it won't ever interfere with the glove box.

Products Discussed in

To Top